This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • A few things:

• I have had no connection drops since the update of Garmin Connect to 4.54.1 a few days ago - fingers crossed ........
    • It seems that my issues, if not others, were caused by Samsung's aggressive battery-saving presets.
    • The best explanations (and solutions) are on Samsung | Don’t kill my app! (dontkillmyapp.com)
    • Lastly, the support from Garmin has been shameful - when it's time for me to change my device I'll look elsewhere.
  • The same for me. It's working like a charm since last weeks when I got two updates in my FR745.

• Interesting. Now that I think of it, all my problems started with the update 5 days ago. Mine was working great until that point. I'll look into the battery savings settings. Though I tested these already to no avail.

• yes

yes

yes

i have just bought a venu 2s ... please solve the problem .. my old vivosport never had this problem

• I have a Fenix 6 and a Galaxy S7 on its latest official SW-release. Up to february every few days i had to enter the pairing-code again. Since around february the behaviour changed after a sw-update of garmin connect and i had to re-add the watch completely to garmin connect several times per month.

Same behaviour (and same change) on the S7 of my girlfriend, with the difference that her Garmin is a Vivoactive 4.

I decided to switch over to LineageOS 19.1 and installed it instead of the Samsung Firmware on my S7 two weeks ago.
    Since then the problems are gone.

(I also had problems with loosing WLAN-authentication in roaming-situations, that were solved too).

So it looks as if it is not a hardware-releated problem, there's something that Samsung messes up.

(But for me it is unacceptable that garmin connect "forgets" the configured devices - this is something that should not happen in any case of a bluetooth-connection problem and that shows me that Garmin has its own problems within their software).

So sad that in the beginning (before the switchover to LineageOS) the official support did only ask a lot of questions that did not reflect any of the input i gave to them. That was so annoying that i decided to no longer pursue the path with the support channel.

• Not sure about LineageOS 19.1. My issues started once I installed it on my phone (an Essential PH-1) about a week ago. And the problem persists... Disappointed

re your questions:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

• Holding thumbs, but since the update last night to the new firmware for the Venu2 watch 9.17 and Playstore Garmin Connect update to 4.54.1 it's been stable, has not disconnected from my phones bluetooth as yet. I hope they sorted this out now....

• Hi, i got pairing and connection problem with my Vivomove Luxe and Samsung S20FE. please help.

Garmin Venu Sq, Samsung A41