This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • I can't connet between phone and watch after update 8.18 at Fenix 7XSS as the video shown

what did you said about bluetooth range limit?

• Any resolution to this? I purchased the Instinct recently. The first time, setup went smoothly. But after issues with heart rate and sleep data not syncing, I've had to disconnect and reconnect multiple times. Now if I perform this procedure, it fails to connect or pair most of the time. I'm super close to returning this watch.

• try this on your phone: settings/ battery/ background limits... search for Garmin Connect app and put it in the background

• My version of Android doesn't have this setting. But the battery use is set to optimized, which puts it in background when necessary. Any additional details on why you suggest this?

• because I spoke with Garmin's international technical service and they told me to do that... and from then on it did not unlink again
  • try to talk to Garmin in your country (where are you from?), tell them your phone model and maybe they can guide you
  • Let me explain what I meant by my previous post: when you are out of the bluetooth range and the watch disconnects, and then you are back at the range and it reconnects again, then you SHOULDN'T be out of range again for at least 10 seconds. If you are out of range in less than 10 seconds from the last reconnection , the watch will disconnect and once you are back in range it won't reconnect again.  

• Thanks i will try this