This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • Please notify me if there's any action taken by Garmin in the meantime to solve this problem very many users struggle with.

• Yes, Yes, and Yes.  I have similar issue with Vivoactive 4 continually unpairing from Samsung Galaxy S21 phone and Galaxy Tab A7 tablet multiple times a day. 

• a. Yes

b. Yes

c. Yes

Venu Sq now useless after updating 12/5/22

• I will describe my situation

I’am IT... and my good friends ask to help with this issue, 

I was send a lot of email to garmin, report from connect app etc...

even the Venu 2 was change for new one from garmin....

from beginning 

friend buy Venu 2 on September 2021 and after one months was start this issue for lost Bluetooth connection....

garmin replace the watch, but new watch also after one months was start the same issue.

this what I was found

all Bluetooth settings in the phone when was clear, also watch clean connect app clean was working up to one months or one visit in the swimming pool.....when phone was lost connection first time the issue was began to escalate rapidly, then again clean all cash data etc.. and few days was Ok up to first swimming pool, so that’s was looks like some the edge of connection between  Venu and Samsung A52 was throwing the connection and registering in the connect app

Venou 2 was connect to Samsung A52 bluetoth 5.0 Android 11

then I was change the phone to my friend for old Samsung S8+ also Bluetooth 5.0 Android 9 ( Samsung switch to copy all apps and data) and the trouble disappear….

Venu and phone was always keep connection even after swimming pool.

Finally now my Friends was change the Samsung A52 for Samsung A53 5G ( Bluetooth 5.1) Android 12 and everything is work OK for over moth, also with swimming pool and other activity.

So the issue is software with some combination Android version and Bluetooth version on the phone….

• Hola a todos: Ayer me comuniqué con el teléfono de habla de hispana de Garmin (ya lo había hecho en enero de este año, sin tener buenos resultados) y la asistente me guió para confirgurar mi teléfono y la app Connect para que quedara "funcionando en segundo plano". Luego volví a vincular el fr745 con el samsung A32 y desde ayer siguen vinculados. Espero que esta solución pueda servirles. A mi no me sirvió llevar el reloj al servicio técnico oficial de Argentina, simplemente no supieron qué hacer, se dedicaron a resetear el reloj. Lo que aún no tengo solucionado es que el reloj me cuenta "pisos y pasos" de más. La asistente me hizo hacer un "Baro test" y con los números que aparecieron me dijo que indicaban que el barómetro no estaba funcionando bien y que tendré que verlo con el servicio técnico de argentina... veremos que pasa, porque ya el servicio técnico de argentina me había propuesto abrir el reloj para cambiar la placa y dejarlo sin hermeticidad... solución totalmente ridícula para cualquier Garmin... una vergüenza el servicio técnico de argentina... Por lo pronto, espero que la solución que me dió la asistente por teléfono, siga funcionando.... veremos luego que pasará con el barómetro. Saludos!

• This is ridiculous in smart watch

I got my fenix 7x Sapphire Solar last month, upgrade v8. 18 yestarday, and lost my connection to my phone (sony xperia 1 ii w/android 12).

Can't pairing anymore, stuck on the state after enter PIN and then pairing time out.

Disappointed in F7 series 

• I got similar experience, I bought Garmin Vívomove 3S Sport in February and after few weeks the problem with Samsung A52. I returned the watch to seller but I was refused that the watch is OK. First I contacted Garmin International support but they told me to contact local support. So I contacted Garmin Czech Republic and they strightly replied that they do not care about my problem because the problem is in the phone, it's system or configuration, not in the watch. I asked them if they mean the answer seriously but no answer at all. I know that the problem might not be the watch itself but the problem is in the application Garmin Connect. And there must be a serious bug in that when the watch disapears repeatedly. This has nothing to do with phone configuration and if so it is still a bug of the Garmins app.

Garmin statement is crystal clear "Use you smart watch without connection to you handy!!!"

I want my money back NO MORE GARMIN !!!!

• for the same issue it happen to me after 3 month of using garmin venu2 and am using samsung s22 plus every time diff issue this time my phone requesting for code every time lost the connection if my phone buttary drain or if i have switch off my phone blue tooth.

• As I have said , the problem occurs when the distance between the phone and the watch is exact on the bluetooth range limit.