This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • Hi Garmin-Luke

Is there an incentive to the person who can solve the problem? ,Wink

The problem started with me when a new Android update was installed which led me to believe that the problem lies with that not Garmin.

I think I have a solution. I tried it earlier and so far it seems to work. 

You have to reset the network settings on you phone. Unfortunately the WiFi and Bluetooth connections will be reset and you will have to connect to everything again. 

Afterwards you will have to pair the watch once again but hopefully it will be for the last time.

I have attached the steps to follow below.

Good luck to everyone. Hope it works.

• No that is No fix. Does not Work after few days.

• Thanks. I truely hope this is not the case.

I'll keep you up to date. 

• Dear all,
    I'm experiencing exactly the same bevhavior since yesterday AFTER the upgrade to Android v11. With V10 it worked like a charme... is it possible that the bluetooth-stack changed with V11? To me, it seems the polling of the phone towards the watch is misinterpretated as pairing-action...

Phone/OS: Gigagset GS4 / Android V11
    Watch: Garmin Instinct - Standard Edition

Regarding, the questions:

Yes I'd like to be added
    You have my permission to access my account if needed
    You have my permission to email me

Regards, Markus

• Hi all

It turned out to be only a temporary fix.

It held quite well for a few hours. I could leave my phone and come back to it with the watch reconnecting without codes or pairing it.

Garmin -Luke.

This must give you some idea of how to fix it. Please give us some feedback on the progress.

• Yes, same here. Mine does not even ask for pairing codes anymore. I have to disconnect and reconnect every time I want my data on my phone. This is so annoying. When are we getting any resolve or any kind of answer. Just more people added to the list....

• I have been added to the case but now have an additional problem.  My watch will not recharge and the face is unresponsive.  I am having to courier it to garmin next week

• Garmin - Luke...

Some more information that could help guide your efforts.

I have a Fenix 5 paired with a Samsung A32 via Garmin Connect and have never had a single problem, ever... including right up to this day, the Fenix has never asked to pair again or dropped or anything of that nature throughout all of the last 2 years worth of updates on the watch, Connect or the Samsung.

My wife has the Exact same phone with the exact same software/firmware status on both the phone and connect... it is essentially the identical to mine. Her Vivoactive 4S has not worked from the very first day that she paired it... Xmas day 2021. It has never stayed paired for more than a few minutes and has become so useless that it now just sits in the bottom of the drawer because I am having no luck getting my money back from Garmin (the original shop that I bought it from tell me its a warrantee issue and Garmin wont fix it or give our money back)

As an Engineer myself it is a simple question of what is the difference between the Fenix 5 and the other model watches that don't work... you need to examine the software difference, most notably in the bluetooth stack.

Apart from that I would like my money back and we will go and buy and Apple watch thanks.

• Bonjour, 

Même problème avec Forerunner 245 music depuis changement de téléphone. (pays France)

KO avec samsung M32. alors qu'auparavant j'avais un xiaomi redmi 6  avec lequel il n'y a jamais eu aucun problème pendant plus de 2 ans...

1. Oui, vous pouvez m'ajouter à cette affaire
    2. Oui, vous pouvez accéder à mon compte
    3. Oui, vous pouvez m'envoyer un mail.
  • If you scroll through this intensive thread you will discover that there are many fenix 5 users, including myself experiencing this isue. Now time for my Garmin Sync, excuse me while I reboot my phone Rage. Rage