This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

issue when I try to edit a dive session : longest dive can't be changed and keep value --:--

Hi here,

I use Garmin Dive to manage my freediving activities but I can't customized them with the App (Garmin Dive) on my smartphone (android).

when I try to edit/change something, there is always a remaining field I can't change : "longest dive" => exclamation mark in red meaning I need to provide a value. But I can't edit the value.

strange, because I can edit all the others : session dive time, deepest dive, etc ...

So 2 questions :

1. why I can't edit this value => looks like there is a bug in the Garmin Dive app (version 2.5 - up-to-date based on the Google Play App)

2. why this field is mandatory ? I use my garmin watch for Dynamic Apnea in a swimming pool and "longest dive" or "deepest dive" should not be mandatory in my mind.

@garmin : Thanks in advance for your suggestions and/or improvements on this point.

+

• Are you trying to edit freedives that you have recorded on a Descent or are these manually entered freedives? I tested this on the latest 2.6 version and the longest dive value is automatically populated when a dive is synced from a Descent and I am able to edit the activity without issue. When I manually create an activity the longest dive value can be edited along with all other information.

• , Yes I am trying to edit freedives I have recorded with my garmin watch (not a Descent but a Venu). Of course, there are some parameters not recorded by the Venu, so I would like to edit them manually like number of dives, deepth, etc. About version 2.6, do you mean the release of Garmin Dive ? because my app is up-to-date and I have release 2.5 - not 2.6 (android smartphone). At this point, I am thinking the issue is on the app side and not at the garmin watch side. Garmin Dive looks like frozen (missing field) if I use an activity recorded and converted then to a dive. it could be perfect to have a default value of 0 for example for those.