This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with Heart Rate zones Garmin 945 and Garmin Connect for Android

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone else (at least in North America) experienced an outage October 18 2021 and now is having issues with Garmin data?

I've got a Garmin 945.

Yesterday morning I reset both my cycling and my running heart rate zone values after I had tested them and gotten more accurate max heart rates for both sports. Prior to doing this, when I went for a run, my watch would use my run heart rate zones. When I went cycling indoors or out, it would use my cycling heart rate zones.

Everything seemed fine on my run this morning, I was running at a typically easy pace, with my average heart rate being about 155. When I got home however, my watch told me that I had done a tempo run.

When I click on my run workout from this morning and click on the icon with the page with the folded upper lefthand corner and scroll down, it says under heart rate that my average is 154, and under training effect, it says the "Primary Benefit" is "Tempo."

However, when I click on the icon with the box with wavy lines where you see all the graphs for pace, heart rate, etc., under, "Time in Heart Rate Zones," it shows 44:46 minutes in zone 2, "easy" 131-159bpm and 2:40 in zone 3, "aerobic" 160-180bpm.

I am wondering about two possibilities: 1) there was an outage with Garmin Connect yesterday (at least in my region) for most of afternoon; 2) did my resetting my cycling and running heart rate zones somehow make it so that Garmin Connect deferred to the general heart rate zone that Garmin gives you (I think based on your age).

I'm a bit frustrated because it would appear that the 'tempo' designation of this run affected everything from VO2 max (which I think was about to go up to 60), to my training effect to my recovery. Meanwhile, at least one screen accurately showed that almost 100% of the run was done at easy pace, 155bpm.

Anyone else having issues now, or anyone else have an experience like this in the past? I did send an email to customer service. Thanks for any insight.