This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sharing link to activity from Garmin Connect

Hi Garmin

As a new Garmin user, I am relatively enthusiastic about my tracked activities and want to share the direct Weblinks to my activities with family and friends via messenger services.

But viewing the activity by opening the direct weblink on a mobile browser is far from user-friendly, if not impossible. 

the dreadful Cookies Window pops up and blocks the screen and it is apparently coded not responsive at all, as it is not possible to scroll down and click accept/reject to make  the window go away!

I have attached screenshots from different mobile browsers below.

(Only solution, at least for some mobile browsers, is to switch to "desktop mode", only then you can click on reject all/accept all cookies and make the window disappear...)

Most contacts seem to have this problem. They usually don't bother and just close the site again.... 

@Garmin: Are you aware of this? PLEASE fix this, it is 2021!

Top Replies

All Replies

• @Garmin: Are you aware of this? PLEASE fix this, it is 2021!

Create a case either via email to [email protected] or go to https://support.garmin.com to open a chat session, call, or use the web form to create a case.

• Thanks, seilogramp. I have done this and will report back when I get a response.....

Would be surprised, if I am the only one that is experiencing this....?

• Hi Community!

Unfortunately, GARMIN is still trying to figure out how to address this... so I need your help, fellow GARMIN CONNECT users.

Can you please do me a favor and try to replicate this?

1) Share an activity from the app

2) Open the with a browser on a mobile device (or use the developer tools in a desktop browser).

It is important that you either delete all cookies or use guest mode / anonymous mode to do this!

3)  Post a sceenshot of the window you end up with or just let me know, if you manage to get past the COOKIES Pop Up Window on a mobile device.....

I tried on many different devices & browsers, but it is always the same.... when opening a link to a shared activity, I cannot scroll down to the accept all / decline all 

the "funny" thing is:

when you open www.garmin.com on that very same mobile device / browser (with no cookies or in guest mode), then it is possible to scroll down.... see below

I doubt that this is related to an issue with my Garmin Connect app, as the Cookies window should be the same for all users....?

thanks in advance for your contribution!

• I did a test now and it works perfectly in Chrome. 

Edit:

If I click Manage Settings I get the popup you posted and I'm not able to scroll down. The solution is to switch to desktop mode and then I'm able to click the buttons in that second popup. After I've done that I can turn off desktop mode.

• thanks for the faast and helpful response!

very surprised, that it works for you!

can you reconfirm that you have opend the activity link in guest mode /anonymous mode? (so no cookies)?

i also notice that your buttons look completly different. what phone/os are you using if I may ask?

i am on a Nokia with Android 11 and get the same results with chrome/firefox/duckduckgo

• Yes. I've removed all cookies. I first tried with incognito mode, but I couldn't do any screenshots. It showed the same popup (the black with white buttons).
    Yes. That popup looks a bit odd. It looks like something from the browser and not from the web page. The text is generic.
    I got your popup when I clicked "Manage Settings".

I'm on a Huawei P10+, Android 9 and Chrome 94.

• seems like with that black cookies pop up window (black box, white buttons), that you get, the buttons seem to be visible right away, as there is much less text/options to read thru, like with the other cookies disclaimer (white box, blue buttons).

i am not sure why you see a different pop up..... Android version related?

i took a quick glance at the code and i noticed that there is no "overflow: scroll" parameter in the link to the activity, which is probably what prevents me from scrolling down to the buttons.... 

would be interesting to get other responses from other users.....

• Hi all,

Good News - after plenty of mails with screenshot and videos for the developer team, Garmin was able to reproduce and finally fix the issue! 

Problem solved! Yay!