This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep data is complete mess (FR745) and also new Sleep Score widget

Couple of days ago I got a message on the watch in the morning saying sensor software has been updated or something (which is strange since the watch was in airplane mode for the night). For that night sleep data was only available for the first half of the night (before 4AM or so). Also the "Sleep Score" widget appeared in the Garmin Connect mobile app that day.

Today I checked the connect app and there ware no sleep data available at all ("No data"). I tried to add sleep time manually with no luck. Then I set manual data to 0:00-0:00 (there is no way to remove manually added sleep time). And after a while legit data appeared in the app and on the web by itself.

BUT! The data is complete mess! "Sleep Stages" says I had 4h 35m of Deep sleep and 0 of REM. While Sleep Score says 48m Deep and 3h REM. But no REM segments on a graph at all. Sleep Score data seems more accurate, but overall it looks like a complete mess with inconsistent data not only across moble/web, but even in the app or web separately.

• Also just found a new Sleep widget on the watch. And the widget on the watch is the only place where stages chart makes sense and consistent with score data. And it has like nothing in common with charts in the mobile app or web.

• The updates are downloaded during the day and then sits on the watch waiting...probably for the night since my watch is always updated during the night. You can manually start the update in the settings before it starts if it is downloaded to the watch.

When I got the update with the new sleep widget the sleep logging didn't work that night, but has worked since that.

The sleep data isn't synced before you have looked at the sleep widget in the watch. It might sync later on during the day, but to make it sync in the morning you have to take a look at the sleep widget. Quick glance is enough. This is at least the case for 945 and I've heard that it is the same for the Fenix 6 series.

So, I suggest you do some more testing and make sure you take a look at the sleep widget before you look at the sleep in the app or web.

• Andy, thank you so much for your answer! Indeed, today I checked the sleep widget on the watch first of all, as you suggested, and correct data appeared in the mobile app and on the web afterwards. Thanks again!