This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When I switch my watch off at night, why is the time on the connect app the same as when I went to sleep and how can I fix it?

I switch my watch off and go to sleep, but when I wake up, the time is the same as when I went to sleep on the app. Even when I change it on my watch the time on the connect app is still wrong. How do I fix it?

• What time in the app are you referring to? The sleep time? Could you post a screenshot of the time you see?

What happens if you change the sleep time in the app?

• I just mean whenever I switch my watch off, the time in the app and the watch stops until I switch it on the watch again.

• Ok. Is there a time in the app? In the app it should use the time in the phone.

How do you know the time in the watch stops when you can't see the time?

• The time is the same when I switch it on in the morning as it was at night. I don't know how to check what time the app thinks it is.

• You mentioned that the time in the app stops, but it is only the watch we are talking about?

I did a test with my 945 and turned it off for 4 minutes. When I started it it got the correct time. I even turned off bluetooth in my phone to prevent the watch from talking to the phone at startup.

Maybe it is different for different watches.

• I have the forerunner 735. Both the watch and the app stop, but I can correct the watch.

• How do you see that the time in the app stops?

The usual way to set the correct time for a GPS watch is to go outside and start a GPS activity.

• The app thinks that the time when I switch it on is the same as when I switched it off, because when I do an activity in the morning, it thinks I did it the night before. I tried not switching my watch off last night, but it was still wrong when I paired it with the app.

• It is the watch that logs the activity and put the timestamps in the FIT file that is then uploaded to Garmin Connect. The app will only show what the watch logged. 

Do you wait for a GPS signal before you start your activity? When you get the GPS signal the time should be updated in the watch. Do you check that the time is correct before you start the activity?

• I change the time on the watch first, but today, my watch changed the time half way through the activity, and I did have GPS, so I think it might just be something to to with the watch more than the app.