This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes not being logged when cycling using Edge 1030

Hi my cycling activities are not recorded in the intensity minutes on the Connect app? Any advice?

Thanks Pete

• For intensity minutes you need to wear a garmin wearable that supports intensity minutes. The Edge 1030 does not support intensity minutes.

• That isn't correct or at least not unless they changed something.  I have seen some issues recently, but always used to get credit as long as heart rate is recorded along with ride 

• The Edge 1030 does not directly support intensity minutes.

However, if the Edge 1030 records heart rate with the activity from an external sensor, you have a Garmin watch that supports intensity minutes, and you have Physio TrueUp enabled on both, this can cause the watch to increment the Intensity Minutes.

• I have that set up. But doesn’t sync it across. The trueup just seems to sync things like recovery time. No mention in Garmin that TrueUp will also sync across HR or intensity minutes 

• Hasn’t worked in a while. There are a lot of reports going back years saying it doesn’t work. Garmin know but no plans to fix it. 

• Yeah have a similar issue on a 1040 solar. Stupid. Seems when a external HR monitor device is used for example wahoo tickr Garmin won't include it. Pretty stupid tbh as they have all the zone and HR data to make it work. Probably some commercial decision around getting users to buy more gear. 

• Mines all Garmin and still won’t work include the intensity minutes from both devices. If you have a read of the thread it’s the same for everyone. Garmin just doesn’t manage data processing in an intelligent way.