Stress level while sleeping

I'm curious why I have extremely high-stress levels while sleeping especially just after I fall asleep and before I wake up.

My Garmin Vivosmart records some deep sleep, with almost the same amount of REM at night.

It seems like while in deep sleep and REM I have very high-stress.

Should I be worried?

• My intensity minutes before update would have been around 80-90 in a week;

Intensity minutes are not based on stress, but they greatly depend on your Resting HR. Additionally, since a longer time there is a bug preventing the use of the HR Zones for Intensity Minutes, so only the default RHR based method is being used. Not sure whether it was fixed in the latest release (I do not use the HRZ method anyway), but I doubt it was. So if the IM changed recently, verify your RHR graphs before and after that time, at https://connect.garmin.com/modern/report/60/wellness/last_four_weeks 

• ah this makes me feel better. I've been worried why my sleep has been so poor recently but it does correlate with it only happening after Feb. before then my sleep was in 80s and now its 40s due to stress?! stresses me out more ha ha 

• I am seeing the exact same readings. I have a stressful job but my sleep hours say I'm more stressed between 12-4 am. It is unnerving because it affects my sleep score which is rarely above Poor or Fair. I actually feel fine and my energy level during the day is good. 

• Wow, I thought my readings were but but yours are very high. Did you manage to find solution? I have the same issue. I wouldn't worry but I really feel totally like my body battery on my watch is saying.I need to sort my stress and sleep too. 

• Has anyone here found a solution? Is this something to seriously worry about because it's affecting my stress levels. I sleep 6-8 hours a night and feel rested in the morning. I do have a very stressful job during the day. Is my body struggling to relax and what should I be doing. Thank you!

• More info about the Feb 2023 update would be helpful. I reviewed my data and before then I was totally in the blue. Garmin needs to look into this. Maybe it's their system?

• My stress level before the latest update in September were always normal . The last 4 to 6 weeks , I suddenly always hitting orange level during sleep.  Prior to this was always blue unless I dine out or eating heavy food . It has effected my body battery , sleep score and hrv . It makes me confused as ti what causes this . Is it me or is it the update or what .. and yet I feel just fine , I'm not sick and my watch keeps telling me I need to recover.  Crazy annoying 

• Hi. I know this is an old post. Have a similar issue. Good sleep habits, low alcohol intake and good duration. Last night was typical. Bad overall sleep score yet excellent on many factors. 

• curious if anyone has thoughts. Very frustrating-Ed
  • I have very active dreaming.  And Garmin always shows poor sleep and very high stress level, even with a low stress level during the day.  The active dreaming seems to even affect Deep and REM readings despite refreshing sleep.  I've decided it is the watch not my sleep.

• I also have very active dreaming and stress levels appear to be off the chart while I'm sleeping. I also get low body battery scores as a result. Yet I feel refreshed in the morning. I agree it's the watch. Someone earlier on this thread said the algorithm for sleep was updated Feb 2023 and that marks the date on my watch data that this started happening. Prior to Feb I got good sleep scores. Does anyone know if Garmin is aware this algorithm might not be working for all?