This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android login error loop

Hi,

I've installed the garmin connect app and was able to create a garmin account. However, whenever I start the app, after entering my account credentials, it runs into an error loop with "An error has occurred". The screen just shows a running animation, along with the top bar (with the personal avatar icon) flickering, with the error message on the bottom.

I've got a new Forerunner 245 Music and a new Oneplus 8T running Android 11. The app is at version 4.38.1.
I've tried clearing cache, clearing all data, updating the app, reinstalling the app, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Any ideas?

Hard to tell, the v 4.38.1 started to be rolled out today, and is not yet available for everyone (for example I still cannot get it in my Play Store), so there is very little feedback. You could try installing an older version from an unofficial public APK archive such as apkmirror.com or apkssl.com

• I still cannot get it in my Play Store

Installed on my android. Did a log off/on to test. All good.

• Thx, that worked, but I still hope to use the official app to be up to date.

• Thx, that worked, but I still hope to use the official app to be up to date.

Now, when you are already logged in, perhaps it could work even after the update to the recent official version. At least nobody else complained about any login problems after the update

• Great idea, I was able to update it and now it works!
    Thanks a lot!!

• I ran into the same problem, I gave the app every possible permission but I still got stuck in the loop even after several re-install attempts and creating multiple account.

What worked for me is logging into the desktop webapp. It asked to complete the configuration and somehow the app started functioning correctly. 

• Hi, wanted to report in that I have the same issue with a Garmin Venu Sq Music Edition and Samsung Galaxy S10 on Android 10.0

• Hi, wanted to report in that I have the same issue with a Garmin Venu Sq Music Edition and Samsung Galaxy S10 on Android 10.0

To add to this - if I disable and enable my network connections (wifi) the loop gets stopped and I can actually use the app for a bit...

Also, at that point the app will show me the data from the watch

And, if

I return

to the ma

in/home page again, the error will occur again but I can apply the wifi fix again (and again, and again...)

What worked for me is logging into the desktop webapp. It asked to complete the configuration and somehow the app started functioning correctly.

In the end, this also worked for me strangely enough