This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I track my historical weight gain/loss vs. 12 mo. roll in new GC?

First time posting here. I've been very frustrated ever since I was forced to new GC vs. using Classic. I don't mind adopting it but I can no longer track historical weight gain/loss back to 2010 when I first signed up. It now only tracks a rolling 12 month period. Am I missing something here?

Top Replies

All Replies

• As it looks to me you can see only one 12-month streak at a time, starting back from current date. You can move to previous 12 months though, using the arrows on top left. But not all the time simultaneously on one graph, if that's what you would like to see. Seems like there is no custom date setting in this feature as in other reports.
  • BAM! You nailed it. I'm sold on this forum. Definitely helpful though could have been more intuitive. I still wish that I could see All Dates on one graph vs. scrolling but this is better than nothing. Thanks for replying.
  • I have been using Garmin watches and app for 10 years, including the regular register of my weight...

Why we can see at the most 1 year of weight records and not the full history?? 

In the old Garmin web site was possible to see all the registers, but neither in the new one or in the app it's possible, you can see 1 year at the most.

I don't think it's a hard thing to implement nor a big change of UI.....

Thanks

• I agree. If you want Garmin to see your request, submit it using the Share Ideas form - www.garmin.com/.../

• Thanks for the tip, I have just done it. Maybe you could suggest it too, so would be more chances to be taken in consideration.

Regards

• Maybe you could suggest it too

I did. So that's at least 2 of us. Blush I started with Garmin and motionbased.com in 2004. Garmin acquired motionbased in 2005, then turned it into Garmin Connect in 2009. At some point in the last 16 years, I had the ability to see my entire weight history on one graph.

• From a discussion of over 5 years, the inability of the App to show total weight loss has been identified as a core design flaw.

Move on to 2021 and it appears the developers have matured very little and they still see no value in a way of showing what a total weight loss is - and expect users to get their calculator out.

Fitbit is lightyears ahead.....

• I've added a suggestion too.  I even tried the export from the web and it only exports 1 year.  I hope they aren't just truncating my data that's over a year old every new day!  I'm hoping they've still got it and just aren't showing it, but it would seem unlikely they'd hold onto millions of people's data if they weren't showing it to us.

• I hate that we can't see more than a.year of weight entries. The app, but not the web, let's you go back decades and ever weight. But it won't show it because only shows 1 yr. Seems silly. I'd like All option like Fitbit has

• But it won't show it because only shows 1 yr.

I have no problems scrolling to the past years, on the web either. Are you telling the arrow left does not work for you?