This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing issue Android 11 ?

Hi. First post here.

I just unboxed my new Vivosmart 4 and tried to pair it with my Google Pixel 4 XL running Android 11.

The devices find each other fine. The problem is the 6 digit pairing code.  This code just flashes for a fraction on the Vivosmart 4 display. Then the Vivo displays an icon I can only assume means the pairing failed.

On my phone there is the pop up where I can insert the code, but in the background the Garmin Connect app already immediately displays the pairing has failed.

No matter what I do. It always fails. I gave the app all the permissions there are and excluded it from battery optimization. Re-installing does not solve it either.

The reason I think it's a Android 11 issue, is because it works flawless on my Google Pixel 2 XL, running Android 10.

(I haven't paired the P2XL and the Vivo, but the pairing code is normally visible in the Vivo, so I assume pairing on Android 10 is no issue)

Syncing with Garmin Express works, so right now the Vivosmart 4 is not totally useless to me. But I need it to work with my main phone eventually at some point, of course.

Is Garmin aware of this issue ? (Or is it really only me ?)

Anyone else encountered this issue or knows more (solution ?) ? Please help

------------------------

UPDATE: I've been able to talk to support via chat.

It seems they are aware of a few issues between the app and Android 11. They expect an update in the next few days Slight smile

Hopefully this will fix my issue. Im just very relieved now that they are probably aware of thsi issue.

I will wait and see :)