This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems adding/removing gear on Garmin Connect Mobile Android

Before the ransomware incident, adding and removing gear in Garmin Connect Mobile Android was a simple affair: Add or remove gear and then click the gear without a checkmark to add it and click on gear with a checkmark to remove it.  I have 2 pairs of running shoes which I alternate and I set one pair as the default for running - so every other run, I want to remove the default shoes and add the 2nd pair.

Since the ransomware incident, when I complete and sync a run, I can only add gear to my activity - I cannot remove gear (i.e. there is no green checkmark to click on the default shoes to remove them).  I can only do this from Garmin Connect - Web.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

• I cannot remove gear from an activity so now I have two pairs of shoes added to one run and cannot reverse this

• Same here. Workaround is using Garmin Connect via a browser to remove the gear. 

• It seems to have messed up my mileage too for each shoe which is a bigger pain. 

• I'm experiencing this exact same issue.  I have my commuting bike set as my default gear for all rides. When I do a road bike ride, it used to be a simple process, uncheck the commuter bike, check the road bike.

Now, when your go to gear, nothing has a check mark. Anything you select gets added to the gear used, nothing removed.  If you go back into the gear, again nothing has a check mark.

Similarly, moving to web fixes the problem, but it's tedious.

Cheers

• I'm experiencing this exact same issue.  I have my commuting bike set as my default gear for all rides. When I do a road bike ride, it used to be a simple process, uncheck the commuter bike, check the road bike.

Now, when your go to gear, nothing has a check mark. Anything you select gets added to the gear used, nothing removed.  If you go back into the gear, again nothing has a check mark.

Similarly, moving to web fixes the problem, but it's tedious.

Cheers

• First Garmin connect IQ will not let me change my gear, shoes, it used to work fine.

dependswhat I were doing which shoes I wore.

• To how do I unretire a shoe that I accidentally retired.
    • Persian 4.33
  • You probaby mean rather the Garmin Connect Mobile app, not GC IQ (that's an app for IQ extensions). Yes, it looks like there is a bug in the recent v4.33 of GC Mobile. Report it to the support, and in the meantime use Garmin Connect Web instead - gear assignment & removing works fine there.

• Yes mobile app. thank you. I tried doing it on the connect web but it said it was down.

But I use the connect web on my phone and it seemed to work fine.

• Thanks for the link. Didn't see this post Thumbsup

• same here. Not possible to remove gear on the android app.

If logged in with a browser it's possible. An ugly bug, hopefully soon rectified by Garmin..