This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems adding/removing gear on Garmin Connect Mobile Android

Before the ransomware incident, adding and removing gear in Garmin Connect Mobile Android was a simple affair: Add or remove gear and then click the gear without a checkmark to add it and click on gear with a checkmark to remove it.  I have 2 pairs of running shoes which I alternate and I set one pair as the default for running - so every other run, I want to remove the default shoes and add the 2nd pair.

Since the ransomware incident, when I complete and sync a run, I can only add gear to my activity - I cannot remove gear (i.e. there is no green checkmark to click on the default shoes to remove them).  I can only do this from Garmin Connect - Web.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

• Yes, there is a bug in the recent v4.33 of GC Mobile for android. The workaround for this, until it is fixed, is to use Garmin Connect Web to make changes to your gear selection.

I verified same issue on my Android app. Going to the web the correct gear shows. Strangely, I can add gear from the Android app and it shows up on Garmin Connect Web. Just cannot remove any gear from the android app. I checked Garmin Connect Mobile for iOS on my iPad and it does not seem to be a problem there. So it seems the android app is not syncing the correct gear data with the servers and Garmin Connect Web. I've submitted a case via the Garmin Support Center and pointed them to this thread. I encourage anyone else that wants this fixed to do the same.

• Same problem. I must set the shoes before any activity

• Вот только не нужно уминать. Мы обычные пользователи продукции Garmin и заплатив за неё  деньги, вправе требовать полноценной работоспособности. Если программисты компании не способны поддерживать на должном уровне функциональность мобильной версии, это проблемы Garmin, а не наши. Тоже не могу удалить один из велосипедов...

• Thanks you for submitting a ticket! 

• we have the right to demand full performance.

Open a case with Garmin.

• Same issue in Connect app, i.e., I can no longer remove gear from a workout. My running has a default shoe assigned which is for outdoor. When i use the treadmill, after the workout, i remove the default shoe and add my indoor gear. Currently the add/remove gear on an activity doesn't show the check mark next to the gear assigned. 

I couldn't get through to Garmin support today. I'll try again tomorrow to submit a ticket. 

• I am facing this bug since last 2 months in my watch Garmin forerunner 245. Add or Remove Gear popup is not showing either the default or selected shoes (gear). It just shows all the options without any tick mark. If i select one and save, the main activity page starts showing both the shoes and on opening the Add or Remove Gear popup again, nothing is selected.

I am not able to track my shoes mileage using mobile app right now. I went to garmin website and could correct it though its still not reflecting in my device (watch).

Please fix it asap.

• Garmin connect Add gear popupattaching the popup image.

• Paradoxically you are posting this known issue of Garmin Connect Mobile to the forum of Garmin Connect Web, where it works without any problems. For the bug in the recent version of GC Mobile, please see the sticky thread Problems adding/removing gear on Garmin Connect Mobile Android