This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems adding/removing gear on Garmin Connect Mobile Android

Before the ransomware incident, adding and removing gear in Garmin Connect Mobile Android was a simple affair: Add or remove gear and then click the gear without a checkmark to add it and click on gear with a checkmark to remove it.  I have 2 pairs of running shoes which I alternate and I set one pair as the default for running - so every other run, I want to remove the default shoes and add the 2nd pair.

Since the ransomware incident, when I complete and sync a run, I can only add gear to my activity - I cannot remove gear (i.e. there is no green checkmark to click on the default shoes to remove them).  I can only do this from Garmin Connect - Web.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

• does that mean the fix will be out soon?

• does that mean the fix will be out soon?

You can hope. Nobody here on the user forum can tell you precisely. In the meantime simply use the web interface.

• ok. But if i update on web portal, it should reflect in the mobile app as well, is not it? I updated the gear on web and synch'ed my watch with mobile app. still the mobile app is showing the old gear and not the updated one.

• I've joined your thread with the pre-existing thread in the Android forum. Scroll up to see details.

• But if i update on web portal, it should reflect in the mobile app as well, is not it?

Yes, it does. Verify first on the web, that the change was really stored, and, for example, not overwritten back by pushing the old value from the mobile app. If it is OK on the web, then it should visible on the phone app too, after syncing. If it is not, for some reason, then try forcing the app to stop, and starting again. Clearing the cache could help too, though I never had to do any of it to get the change effective.

• Yes, same issue on the Android app (v.4.33), can add to, but not remove gear from activities.  Workaround of using the web version is OK, if inconvenient.

Have emailed the Android dev group (using link in the app's About  details itself), mentioning this thread.

We can only hope they are paying attention to their customers and maybe provide some feedback / status updates, even if a fix is not yet available... it would be nice to know at least if it's being worked on.

• Same here. One pair of shoes is there by default but when I try to remove one and add a different pair it then shows me as wearing two pairs of shoes for the one activity.

• I opened a case with Garmin from the Garmin Support Center using the email option. 

I received the following response:

Hello,

We've got a case open for that issue with Android devices running the Garmin Connect Mobile App. I've added you to the case. We have a fix pending implementation that should be rolled out very soon. Because I've added you to the case, you'll be notified when we roll out the software update containing the fix.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

Product Support, Garmin International