This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connected gps

So I have a problem regarding the connected gps feature by vivosmart 4. Although my smartphone (honor) shows a notification, that the gps is beeing send to the tracker, it still searches for it. I tried to change my position and the distance but cant think of more options. Any ideas?

• It does not work with the current version of Garmin Connect Mobile app v4.32. Either wait for a new version with a fix, or downgrade to an older version from a public APK archive such as apkmirror.com or apkssl.com (on your own risk).

• Have you turned off battery optimization for Garmin Connect? 

dontkillmyapp.com/huawei

• I tried but I doesnt fix it. I guess i have to wait for an update

• Having same issue. Vivosmart 4 connected to gps up until 5 days ago. At first I thought it wasn't connecting because it was overcast. But the last two days it is clear blue sky and still nothing. Just scrolls "waiting for gps.. open garmin app" 

Rebooted. Checked that all appropriate toggles are toggled. Nothing. 

• Same behaviour for me, Vivosmart 4 watch just says waiting for gps even though app/phone says gps is being sent (in notification bar) and if I separately open my satnav app it knows where I am. Was working fine before, stopped working last week. Very frustrating as upgraded from Vivosmart 3 because of the gps link. Garmin when will this be fixef?

• We are aware of a problem with Android phones and the current version of the Garmin Connect App (4.32.1). We are currently working on a resolution. I apologized for any inconvenience this has caused and I will provide an update when one is available. Thank you all for being Garmin Customers.

• Hey For a month now i have vivomove 3s watch for running. Two weeks ago it was working. I reset my garmin connect app and my watch but still i have the same problem. Vivomove 3s cant find my gps from my sony xperia phone. Could you help me with this problem? 

• Could you help me with this problem?

Sure - just read the post before yours, it should clear it up sufficiently. In other words, Garmin is aware of the issue, and will fix it in the next release of the app. If you need a quicker solution, read the first answer in this thread - it lists websites where you can find older versions of the app with a fuctional Connected GPS.

• Hey, thanks for the statement - good to know you're working on it. Is there any indication of when the fix could be released?!?

• Having the same issue on Vivosmart 4, Husband has same watch and his connects every time. Interesting but would like to know when fix is complete and what I need todo from there.