This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Fenix 3 no longer getting push notifications from Huawei Mate 20 lite

Hi!

I recently got a Fenix 3 from a neighbour who upgraded to another model.

It worked perfectly fine first two weeks, but all of a sudden the watch no longer gets any notifications (ie. Facebook, Messenger, Gmail etc.). I have not changed any settings at all. The watch and cell phone seem to connect perfectly fine in Garmin Connect app, and no problems syncing activities etc. Apparently everything works perefectly except the fact that the watch does not longer show/get push notifications. All settings seem correct to me, everything that should be enabled is enabled.

I am not sure, but I think that maybe I stopped getting these notifications after a software update on the cell phone sometime during last week (to Android 10)

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any solutions?

• Huawei is generally very wacky with BT communication, since it uses much more restricitons and power consumption optimizing than regular Android phones. It also seems to get even worse lately, possibly after a GC Mobile update to the v4.27. You can try the tips from the following thread, and especially those specifical to Huawei, regarding the battery optimizing, and lock-screen settings.

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mobile-apps-web/f/garmin-connect-mobile-andriod/213877/notifications

• Thx for the reply! Didn't see it until now, but however, for some reason I am not 100% sure of, it suddenly started working again - I did a lot of adjustments on permissions and stuff (mostly turning them on and off, as well as manually allowing Garmin more or less everything, also related to battery saving issues on cell phone), and after restarting the phone once again, all notifications worked fine again. Just some weird hickup of some kind - but my next phone will def not be a Huawei!