This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 620 won't pair via Bluetooth, won't connect to WiFi, and Android app can't find the device.

My forerunner 620 worked perfectly fine until this last weekend. It wouldn't pair to the Android app. I deleted the device and tried adding it again. Now it cannot even find the device to attempt to pair, and before that found the device but couldn't finish the connection. It would continually time out. It also stopped connecting to WiFi. It says network error try again later. Any thoughts on why the sudden lack of connectivity?

• Can you still connect to Garmin Express with the USB cable? I so, I would try to sync, and verify if you run the last version of the firmware. Then I would look in GC Mobile settings, and verify that all permissions are enabled.

• Yes. I was able to connect via USB and synced. It is up to date. As is the app, which I deleted and reinstalled with no success.

• Did you verify the app permissions?

• Some more tips - turn off and on both the phone and the watch, if you did not yet. Make sure Bluetooth is on on both devices. If you then go to the BT screen on your phone, do you see the watch as available, or not at all? Can you test connecting with another phone?

• Yes. They are all enabled. And again it's not only problems with the app. It won't connect to my wifi anymore either. I don't think any updates have been pushed since it last worked (Thursday of last week).

• Did you verify the WiFi settings on the phone, and whether it is really on? You could try detecting the wifi of the watch by a wifi analyzer - you can find plenty of them for any OS platform. Most of them can detect hidden or passive wifi devices. 

Active BT and WiFi are the basic two things you have to verify, to find out whether the watch is dead or not. If you cannot detect any signal, neither on BT, nor on WiFi, despite that they are both turned on, then you'll likely need to send the watch to the workshop, or buy a new one. Perhaps the master reset, or factory reset could help.

• Yes the Bluetooth on my phone shows watch available to pair, but won't do the pair within the app. The wifi WiFi is not via phone, the watch connects on its own to my house wifi without use of the phone. That ability is no longer working as well. I'll try a factory reset and let you know. Already did phone and watch power down attempts.

• Well, if the watch is visible on BT, then it is possibly not too bad. The WiFi of the watch can be detected by a WiFi analyzer, as I wrote. I did not speak about the WiFi of the phone. On Android I use WiFi Analyzer from farproc, on Windows Acrylic Wi-Fi Professional (but the free simple version is just fine for this purpose).

• Master reset worked for the Bluetooth. It paired. I'll need to reconfigure the wifi to check it too. Hopefully it will also work. Thanks for your time and help!