This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

minimum / maximum / average climb / average descent in%.

Good day
I have a Garmin Edge 530 and I find it cannot record the minimum / maximum / average climb / average descent in%.
Even on connect IQ in applications or data fields is not a similar application (except hGradeMax), which, however, measured by GPS not according to the built-in barometer and therefore is almost unusable. According to the developer hGradeMax, data cannot be accessed from the built-in barometer!
Could this be remedied? (if it can do min / max / average temperature why could not% climb? eventually the data should be there just programmed). Alternatively, it would be enough if you could pull it out of the Garmin Connect program on your PC / mobile.

sorry for english this is a translator

Thank you

• On the Activity screen, turn on (or off) the option Elevation Corrections (on the right side, just below the watch symbol or photo). It should then recalculate the elevation profile either using the DEM (Digital Elevation Model / topographic data for each respective GPS position = that's for the elev correction ON), or the elevation data from the device (elev correction OFF). When it recalculates the elevation profile, also the average and min/max values are updated.

• Where should Garmin connect show the minimum and maximum values? Now I have set: altitude off, so the barometric altimeter should be read. Whether I put it on or off, I don't see the maximum / minimum climb / descent percentages anywhere.The only thing is the difference are boarded and descended altitude meters that change, but the maximum and minimum percentages do not show it.

• Where should Garmin connect show the minimum and maximum values?

I do not own the Edge, but on my GC Mobile the min/max values are on the Details tab (the second one from left), and above the Elevation Graph tab (the right-most). On Garmin Connect Web, they are below the graphs. When I spoke about turning on/off the elevation correction, I forgot to note, that this option is probably available on GC Web only. I do not see it anywhere on GC Mobile.

• We probably do not understand this is the maximum / minimum% slope of the hill, not the minimum / maximum altitude. % garmin connect neither on PC nor on mobile.

• OK, I see. Garmin Connect does not show any such data anywhere, to my best knowledge. But as I told, I do not own, and do not know Edge. I think you would get a better answer if you asked on the Edge forum, not here.

• BTW, I think the right name is grade or elevation grade, so if you are going to post about it on the Edge forum, consider using that term, to be understood quicker. Also try searching the forum for that term, I think there are a few discussions about it, already.

• OK thanks, I will ask a folder in the Edge 530 folder.

• Did you get the reply to your question?