This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate workout target only displays at start of activity

There seems to be a defect in Garmin Connect mobile app for Android version 4.25.2. When I view an activity based on a structured workout with heart rate targets the Heart Rate (bpm) chart target line is displayed for only the first few minutes. The defect appears to only impact the mobile app; on the Garmin Connect web site the target is correctly displayed for the entire activity.

For example today I did a 9 mile run with a structured workout. On the Heart Rate (bpm) chart the target line is only displayed for about the first 5 minutes of the activity. The target values are correct but it seems to be compressed into the beginning of the activity and then it just stops.

Heart Rate (bpm)

• Same happens to me. And not just heart rate chart but all of them. Like the intervals (white lines) are all "compressed" at the beginning.

It happens with new and old activities.

I hope it can be fixed soon.

• This defect appears to be fixed in version 4.26.

• Apparently the defect isn't completely fixed. It works for structured workouts based on time but when the workout is based on distance then the heart rate target line is still compressed over on the left side. Here's a heart rate chart from a track running workout I did based on distance with a 1 mile warmup, 5 1 mile steps with escalating heart rate, and a 0.5 mile cool down.

I am running Garmin Connect app version 4.27.1. The heart rate target line is displayed correctly in Garmin Connect web, it's only the Android app that doesn't work.

• I have this problem as well. I was looking for a solution for this problem, finding your post. The issue away for a while, so i thought it was fixed, but it came back. I tried to clear the cache, re-install the app, but that doesn't work.

It seems that the problem appeared when i connected a new chest heart rate monitor, but i'm not sure if thats related. 

Does anybody has any other idea's that i can try (besides waiting for a fix ;))?

• Does anybody has any other idea's that i can try (besides waiting for a fix ;))?

You can install the previous version of Garmin Connect from APK, that you can find in many APK archives on the web.

• Its seems be solved with an update of the app (version 4.28), but thank you for the idea. If the bug appears again in the future, I'm going to try this.