This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin doesn't stay connected with the Connect app on my Huawei Smart Plus 2019

Hi,

The last days my Fenix 5s plus doesn't stay connected with the Connect app on above mentioned Huawei phone.

When I started to use my phone I read all the tips and tricks on this forum and I used it. My phone and watch did what they were supposed to do.

But now... not possible to get it connected without restarting my phone and watch.

Can anyone help me out?

• I think I misunderstood your answer. I now chose battery optimalisation allowed and the problem is solved.

• It work for mi. Thanks

• I did recommended action but the problem is still présent...

It seems the problem appear when Garmin added the connections/deconnection notification on the Fenix 6. 

• I've had the same issue with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Vivoactive 3.

Garmin said to un pair then re-pair the watch and phone. Failing that I should restore the watch to factory defaults. Did both and lost a lot of fitness data! 

I still have to re pair the phone and watch EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to sync. I've also had the same messages as most of you: restart phone for notifications to work - does nothing. 

Garmin: you clearly have an obvious trend in this thread of connection issues. Please get this fixed. 

• I've had the same issue with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Vivoactive 3.

Garmin said to un pair then re-pair the watch and phone. Failing that I should restore the watch to factory defaults. Did both and lost a lot of fitness data! 

I still have to re pair the phone and watch EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to sync. I've also had the same messages as most of you: restart phone for notifications to work - does nothing. 

Garmin: you clearly have an obvious trend in this thread of connection issues. Please get this fixed. 

• it's a joke !!!! always no answer from garmin !!!

• If you read my way of sorting it really does work I've had no issues since doing it, it's not a garmin problem it's the mobiles optimization of battery usage 

• I did exactly what is said on the different topics. I have a p30 pro. the watch is disconnected despite everything

• aaaaand I'm back again. the option that worked for me works most of the time but now I constantly have to switch my bluetooth off and on again and restart the connect app to get my watch connected again.

I'm getting really tired of this. Does it only work well with Apple and Samsung phones?

• Tried all these measures and also removing and re pairing. Now my garmin 35 won't even pair with the app. Worse off than before. Garmin sort this out