This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I get rid of the big Welcome to Connect image in the Android app?

I have a Forerunner 610, so when I try to "Add a Device" it doesn't find it since it is old, so the big "Welcome to Connect" image at the top of the page never goes away and it takes up a lot of real estate.

• Hi, I have a Forerunner 610. I am using an ANT-stick to sync data to Connect.

Now I downloaded the Garmin Connect App from Google Play, and there is this HUGE 'Welcome to Connect'-message on the screen. Two buttons: 'Explore Products' and 'Add a Device'... No way to remove this message. i don't want is, I don't need to see it. How do I get rid of it?
    Like I said, I cannot Add a Device with the Garmin Connect app, but I have added the Forerunner 610 via Garmin Express. I managed to connect and sync, but the message just won't go away.

• I have exactly the same issue... And it's been two years. Why hasn't this been solved?

• My fix was:

Turn OFF a second iPhone

Then on the problem phone go to Settings>Bluetooth>tap the circled letter "i" (info?) and then forget the Vivoactive3 device.

Go to the watch and put it in Pairing mode. Connect was able to find and add the device and paired with it.

Annoying Welcome to Connect is gone!

But, only one phone can be Bluetooth connected at at a time to the watch to do a sync.

• I have the same issue, but do not have a second iPhone.   Another post mentioned turning phone off and then back on.   That actually caused the screen to pop up in the first place.   It wasn’t there before.

• Also only one phone, agree this is frustrating ! Is there a workaround to kill it or put it at the bottom of the list rather than top ?

• Just had the same.  Deleted the app and reloaded it, then logged in and setup - all back to normal without the Welcome Screen.

So far anyway!

• No need to delete, reload, and reconfigure. It is enough to force stop (swipe away in the Task Switcher) and restart it. 

• Swiping away - didn’t work for me. 
    Rebooting the iPhone - didn’t solve it for me. 
    But deleting and reloading the app did. 

• Strange. I had the screen already several times (usually it appears after an app update), and it worked each time. Well, perhaps I've been just lucky. Just to avoid the misunderstanding - I did not swipe away the announcement panel, but the entire app GC Mobile, from iPhone's App Switcher, resp. killed the app in Android Settings » Applications (I use the GCM app on both phones)