This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hydration Widget?

My Connect app just updated and added Hydration Tracking, which is awesome.  However, it's rather annoying to have to open my app and find the right spot to be able to add water.  I'd love to have a widget for it so I can do it from my watch - it seems like there should be one.  I haven't been able to find said widget, for the Vivoactive 3 Music anyway.  Has anyone else found a widget, for any watches?  If not, has anyone heard whether one is in the works or not?

• Only some most recent watches have the hydration widget. Not the VA3, though.

• Agreed the app should comes with some widget, while hydration is one of those.

• It's not about the watch.  If you know Android you will know what a widget is, and they're one of the reasons why people choose Android not iOS.  Recent iOS do come with official widgets but they're lame...

The point is, users should be able to quickly add hydration to the calculation, without having to open the app every time.  Although hydration is not tracked by the watch, it's tracked in the mobile app.

No offence, but imagine you have to fart every time with your pants off, you know the pants are badly designed ;)

• Yeah, the term widget is a bit confusing, and after re-reading OP's post I am not even sure if he asks about a smartphone widget or a widget on the watch (two different things, I admit). Or both perhaps. Well, there is no widget for the mobile app so far, but some watches do have it, giving the user easy access to hydration.

• Well, there is no widget for the mobile app so far

Yes, there is one. If you find difficult to access it, just move it to the top of your screen, in the app configuration (Edit My Day). However that's not what the initial post asks. There is no widget for the watch. Perhaps a ConnectIQ widget could do it?

• Perhaps a ConnectIQ widget could do it?

OK, I checked it myself, and indeed there is one. Just get it:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/outdoor/connect-iq-ozmo-track-achieve-daily-hydration/

Edit: in fact there are more of them:

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/search?q=hydration&device=&deviceLimit=&appType=&sort=&start=0&count=30

But as tmk2 already wrote - that's only for the recent models supporting ConnectIQ. If you have an older watch like the Vivoactive 3, and the hydration widget is really important to you, it may be a good reason for getting a new watch, since I do not quite believe Garmin would start adding new widgets to generations old watches.

• Yes, there is one. If you find difficult to access it, just move it to the top of your screen, in the app configuration (Edit My Day).

But this still requires you to open the Garmin Connect app first. In Android (and iOS probably, too) an app can have a desktop widget which is displayed (and can be interacted with) on the phone's desktop. For frequently used options like for example adding hydration, this would indeed be a convenient solution, but the Connect app doesn't have such features yet.

• desktop widget

OK, I see, I misunderstood.

• Yeah, this thread is a bit confusing. I think the OP asked about a hydration widget on the watch, but put it into the Connect Mobile for Android forum, and then someone else suggested an idea with an android widget, so I'm not entirely sure what we're discussing here exactly Slight smile

• I'd also love a hydration Android widget that allows me to quickly add to my water intake from my phone's home screen, without having to either open the Garmin Connect app and press four (4) buttons. Even on the watch it takes up to three (3) button presses in an ideal scenario to add water intake. Any Garmin folks reading through these forums and relaying the feedback to the devs?