This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect and Android 10 (Q)

I just upgraded my Pixel 2 to Android Q, which released to the public today. Garmin Connect mostly works, although syncing does not seem to. The sync progress meter gets approximately 1/2 of the way around from the green dot then just spins without any progress. It has been like this for the past hour. I can force-quit the app and come back in, and the sync progress will resume at 1/2 but continue spinning indefinitely.

Some data points:

• This is after I completed a bike ride activity.
  • I am on build 4.22.1 of the Garmin Connect mobile app
  • I sync my activities to Strava
  • I have a Fenix 5x plus v8.40 that is shown as “connected” in the app

Hope that helps with the debugging. FWIW I believe Android 10 is only in wide release for Pixel users right now.

• Finally! Tried everything mentioned in this post, and the factory reset on the watch did it for me.

• With Vívoactive 4 it's the same. After unpair, the watches doesn't pair with phone, but it seems it's not related to Android 10, as they doesn't connect even with Android 7 tablet. Simply broken sh... and I have to return them to Italy.

• What worked for me like a charm? Do everything others stated AND then connect it to Garmin Express in Windows (sic, I use Ubuntu!) and do some things (random, I was desperate). Then disconnect and it should connect to phone without issues. It seems connecting it to Garmin Express somehow resets it... :/

• Pixel 3 here and also having connectivity issues. Having reset/ deleted all data, I found that GC actually connected to my EDGE 1030 automatically every time. However, there were no safety beacons sent and after a ride, the ride data wouldn't upload unless I restarted the Pixel 3. On Friday night I removed and reconnected the Edge 1030, and now the phone/ Garmin Connect app won't connect to the 1030 at all. However, at the end of the ride the data did upload to Strava (and also Relive and FatMap), so SOMETHING was connected, but it would not sync with the Connect app. When I restarted my phone this morning though, I found that the ride was now showing on Connect. It's all very odd but I suspect that the Pixel 3 is the cause of the issue. Another round of deleting, cache clearing and reinstalling beckons methinks. Suddenly I find myself wishing I could get back to the halcyon days (of a month ago) when I had to manually start the Connect app before every ride, but after which everything worked and synced perfectly.

• Hi to all, I have a Oneplus 6T updated with OpenBeta 1 with Android 10, with all connecting problems with an Garmin Approach X40 (golf smartband). The "add new device" stopping at half of process.

I resolved with erasing data on device, uninstalling apps, reinstalling Garmin Connect Mobile, resetting band and start repairing band with app opened on "add new devices" screen.

Now is all ok.

• Guys it's HW issue, not software. I have Huawei P30Pro with Android 10, after returning and getting new Vívoactive 4, the initial connection and EVERY connection after this is totally without issues. It's clearly HW issue, you need to return them and get new one.

• Same problem with new Pixel 4XL. Happened twice both times had to remove watch from GC and phone. When it happened I would check Bluetooth on phone and it did not show it was connected so turning Bluetooth on and off and no effect. 

• Thanks for information.

I replace my pixel3 via another issue, but Edge530 connection issue wasn't solved.

I'd requested edge530 fixing to garmin...

• Happened again a third time.  This time I did nothing and just left it alone.  Checked it again a few hours later, 4 or 5 hours maybe a little more, and apparently it reconnected.  I will try it again next few days.  It might just be extremely slow to reconnect.

• I updated my OnePlus 7 to Android 10  more than week ago and all works fine. But after update the Connect Mobile app to latest version Garmin Pay stops working:(