This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin vivoactive 3 won't receive notifications from Huawei p20 lite.

Since update last week ( I'm guessing that's the cause. ) My vivoactive 3 isn't receiving notifications from my phone for messenger, text, WhatsApp, eBay and so on. Yet I'm still receiving notifications when a phone call comes through. My phone is Huawei p20 lite. Has anyone else had this problem? Please advise. 

• Yes, nearly the exact same issue. Notifications work for a while bit after X amount of time,  the only notifications that come through are phonecalls. I can temporarily fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect app (4.22).

• May I ask how long this fixes the problem?

• Same issue with same watch. Also cant control the music app and weather app also temperamental. I have advised Garmin who didn't seem to be aware of the issue!

• Same issue with same watch. Also cant control the music app and weather app also temperamental. I have advised Garmin who didn't seem to be aware of the issue!

• I have the same problem on Xiaomi mi9. The nottifications works for about 2hours and after that time, it stops working. Music control also did not work. It opens only Google play music no other music player.

• Same here with my tactix Charlie. Looking connectivity all the time. Have to reconnect every 15 min. Hapened after update Garmin app.

• Me pasa lo mismo en Garmin 245 music y huawei mate 10 lite. Estoy un poco indignada 

• It´s the energy setting from Huawei. You have to setup the App to be allowed in the background.
    This differs from manufacturer to manufacturer and between the versions as well.
    In EMUI 9 it was under Apps -> Connect IQ -> Battery. On Emui 9.1 I could not find it...

The second thing to do is to lock the app. Go to the taskmanager and swipe the app in the opposite direction.
    If you have to swipe it to the top, to kill it, swipe it to the bottom. A little lock-symbol should appear on the upper right.
    Now it will stay in the background, even if you kill all apps by that recycle-bin icon.

• I am having the same issue with a one plus 6. Restarting the phone and watch will make it work for a little while but then it will stop again. Happened after I updated the app. Battery optimization turned off for the app and adaptive battery disabled as well but that didn't fix anything.