This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My fenix 5 s plus loses connection with Samsung Galaxy s10. Rebooting both gadgets doesn't work. I have to pair watch and phone everytime (2-3 times a week) which is annoying. I tried to reset both devices, reinstall garmin connect. Nothing works.

My fenix 5 s plus loses connection with Samsung Galaxy s10. Rebooting both gadgets doesn't work.
I have to pair watch and phone everytime (2-3 times a week) which is annoying.
I tried to reset both devices, reinstall garmin connect. Nothing works.

• Just started to experience the same. In my case the Garmin Connect looses the watch (fenix 5 plus) 2-3 times a day. I have to add watch again each time. Rebooting the watch or phone doesn't solve the problem. Another thing i started to experience(at the same time) is huge battery drain today night it ate ~60% of battery, in the morning watch wasn't connected to connect. Until ~2 days ago everything was working perfectly fine. 

• I experience the same with my Forerunner 645 Music. After binding the watch to my S10 it works for some hours and then looses the connection again.

• Same just started happening for me. Just after Samsung's latest update had been installed. Disappointed

Right now I can't even get them to pair again...

• Same here. Samsung Galaxy S9 and Garmin vivoactive 3 Music. Watch disconnects multiple times a day and will not reconnect. Have to remove it as garmin device, unpair as bluetooth device and add manually every time and even then it works after multiple attempts (up to 10 tries, because it almost always fails on "Completing setup on your..." step). Worked fine for months, started two days ago.
    With help of support tried everything: watch update, reset, manual pairing, app reinstall, cache/data delete, but nothing helped. Decided to completely wipe (factory reset) phone, after that connection seems to be stable for last 24 hours. (will update this post if something changes)

• My 5s plus has had issues with random disconnects on my S10+ since day one of the phone (March 8th).  It was rock solid for months on my previous phone running Oreo.  I believe it has something to do with Pie and the new Bluetooth version.  Besides spotty connectivity, the range is severely decreased.  Many others are mostly complaining about Android Auto and headset BT issues since Pie first released.

Have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out if it's the watch firmware, phone firmware, or Connect app or any combination of the 3.  Updated Connect app to the July 30 version and the connection seems much more stable, although it's only been a week or so.

Would be useful if everyone would list their watch model, android security patch level, watch firmware version, and Connect app version.

Still on Feb. android security patch due to other issues with Samsung's releases, watch firmware is 7.6, Connect app is 4.21.1

• I am having the exact same problem with my Vivoactive 3 music and a Pixel 3a.  Repeatedly loses the BT connection and I have to manually reconnect them each time.  Additionally, I am seeing an increased battery drain over the last few days.  Prior to last week I have had no trouble with the vivoactive staying connected and synching.  I hope Garmin is really looking at this issue.

• Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F, Android Update 01.07.2019, Connect Version 4.21.1, Watch Software 6.20

• Lo mismo con vivoactivi HR se desconecta de bluetooth y tienes que estar vinculado con el código

• Any updates? It's a nightmare with my 945

• Same issue here, any idea of what else to try? (besides the  usual reinstall, reboot, re-pair, etc)

Thanks!