This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Display activity stats in realtime.

It would be nice if Garmin connect could display stats of the metrics of an started activity, like the same metrics your watch is tracking and displaying for you in the watch face but instead displayed in your smartphone which has a bigger screen. And even better, maybe a feature to lap by lap announce your lap number, avg speed and heart zone...

Best regards,

Antonio.

• I can connect to my Garmin 830 through Garmin Connect App but it doesn't sync. my activities, pls advise what to do Knowing that I restart the device & smartphone, remove devise and add it again but nothing works.

• Agree. For me the use of this would be while cycling, the app could work as computer showing realtime data from watch onto app screen. It would not be good to keep watching a watch while cycling. An app screen showing the live data would be a good option

• There are excellent bike computers from Garmin for that so it is unlikely Garmin will add that feature for that reason.

Im using Edge 1030 with a pretty big screen that can display 10 data fields per page.

If you like to see the real time data there are other apps you that you can connect the sensors on the bike to. Your phone will need ANT+ support or the sensors will need BT support. 

• But since we have made the effort of buying their wrist worn devices (watches) that can accurately keep track of heart rate, gps, and speed related data all we need is a computational device with a screen that can integrate that data along with a cadence monitor's input to display in real time the stats we so dearly want to see while trianing/riding. The phone meets these needs exactly and if Garmin could just allow Garmin watch wearers to use their phone as a bike computer it would be nice. I'm not saying allow all fitness tracking devices to connect via Garmin connect to use the phone/Garmin connect app as a bike computer, but at the very least their own customer base who have purchased thir device. It's only a matter of whether they want to

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• You can use your phone today to connect to the sensors and use the GPS in the phone to see the speed and distance so not really any need for using it to show the values from the watch. It can already do all that you ask for without the watch.