This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't reconnect Instinct to Garmin Connect

Having switched phones (which were also on different operating systems) I can't now connect my watch (Instinct) to Garmin Connect on my phone. I've done all the usual things with Bluetooth and restarting both the phone and watch and the phone and watch are definitely connected with Bluetooth (I've put the 6-digit code into my phone as shown on the screen of my Instinct) and when I restart the phone and Garmin Connect, my Instinct buzzes and shows 'connected' and a phone symbol. I've also removed and re-registered the watch with Garmin Express (on my PC). The watch shows up on my account (in Garmin Explore Web and Garmin Connect Web) but the phone won't find it (Android). Suggestions please.

• In my case, I can't connect to my Android phone if I have my phone and iPad open in the same room with bluetooth turned on in both. To connect, I turn off bluetooth on my iPad and I connect to my Android phone immediately.

If you were previously on iOS and now you're on Android, it's possible that you have the same issue. If this is a possibility, try turning off bluetooth on the iOS device and see what happens.

• Thanks for this suggestion - a really good one I think but sadly, it didn't work. My other devices are a Windows phone (which had previously been running Garmin Connect) so as well as switching this off, I switched off other Bluetooth devices in the house just to be sure.

• I have finally solved it! Or at least, it now works after trying the following:

1. install Garmin Connect on a super new phone (borrowed in my case)

2. the connection worked! So I synced it.

3. uninstall Garmin Connect from the super new phone, now that I feel more confident that it's not the watch at fault

4. switch on my old phone (Android 4.4 by the way) and it's connected!

5. wait a few minutes while it syncs the data and now it all seems to be OK 

6. cross my fingers it keeps working!