This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone notifications not working since last update

Former Member
Former Member

Since the last Garmin Connect update my watch (Vivosmart HR) does not notify me of incoming calls. Version is 4.19.1. Tried everything then realized it's probably the software since I saw somewhere else others had the same issue. 

I am getting text and calendar notifications and Phone is set to on in Smart Notifications. 

• Same here with Forerunner 935 & 935 with Pixel 3.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to snortingbull

It's the Google Phone app. There is another thread on here and I found some others on the web with the same problem. Uninstall updates to that and it should work. 

• Just came across this cause I'm having the same issue. When my phone is set to vibrate my watch will not notify me when a call is coming in, but if I set my phone to sound calls come to my watch. Pixel 3 with a Fenix 5 Plus.

• See the other thread.  If you revert to prev version of Google phone app (or revert to firmware version) it will work fine.  Something in latest rev of the phone app broke inbound call notifications to the watch.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Hi,

on my side, the pairing is just out.

Since the last update to 13.40 software version:

- no bluetooth. Any device won't see my watch as a detectable device on pairing mode.

- iphone can't connect to the watch anymore.

- garmin connect won't see the watch or won't find it.

I did everyting ,reset all bluetooth, delete all, re-install apps and so on.

Nothing, it's clearly the new software / firmware of the watch.

Anyone with a solution ?

• Hello. Had the similar problem but with Find My Phone. Found this page. https://jeff.thatonedomain.com/fenix-3-hr-find-my-phone-stops-working/  I powered my Vivosmart off and on (ha!) and it now works. Kind of. It rings one and stops. And rings once again N seconds later. I think it used to just ring until I found it. But I may be wrong.