This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 - Sync via Bluetooth and Garmin Mobile App Android hangs

Hi All,

does someone has experienced the same issue and may help me to solve the problem?

In November 2017 I've bought the Fenix 5. In the following 15 months I've manually synced 200+ activities mostly via Bluetooth and Garmin Mobile App without any trouble.

In March 2019 the forced software update 12.50 was installed. I'm pretty sure that this software update has broken the sync via Bluetooth and Garmin Mobile App. Since this update, sync is only possible via Garmin Express.

Description of the issue:
Prior to the software update 12.50 syncing an activity via Bluetooth and Garmin Mobile App takes usually approximately 1 min. After this software update the sync process hangs and does not finish. After 15 min I've to terminate the sync manually, because there is no progress visible. In the upper right corner of the Garmin Mobile App there are rotating arrows that shows the sync process is active and next to it on the left hand side there is an circle that shows the progress of the sync. The progress stops approximately after 45 deg. of the entire 360 deg. and hangs in the following time.

I've further investigated this issue as follows:
- restarting the Fenix 5 repeatedly
- two different phones were used, currently Samsung Galaxy 9 with Andoid 8
- deleting the Garmin Mobile App and fully new installation of the Garmin Mobile App including new pairing with the Fenix 5 and connection with connect.garmin.com
- the only one thing that I haven't done so far is to hard reset the Fenix 5, because this will definitely delete my data and settings

Trying to sync via Bluetooth and Garmin Mobile App results in:
- the Fenix 5 displays that it has connected with the phone via Bluetooth
- the phone displays that it has connected with the Fenix 5 via Bluetooth
- the Garmin Mobile App logs in to connect.garmin.com and displays all of the former activities
- the sync starts but after 10 sec. it hangs
- here is an excerpt of the Device Sync Audit from Garmin Mobile APP that may be suspicious:
******************* SYNC RESULT ************************
Upload Status=FAILED (Unable to complete operation: Remote device disconnected [...])
Download Status=NOT_STARTED
Time Sync Status=SUCCESSFUL
Overall Sync Status=FAILED
GOLF_SCORECARD, IQErrorReports,
GPSData, FitnessHistory, ErrorShutdown-Reports,