This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Indoor Rowing

Hi, 

Does anyone know why I can no longer add my distance in Km to my indoor Rowing activity and then see my pace calculated automatically. It was working but now only let's me add in meters and I do well over the maximum it allows me to enter. 

Fenix 5X + and android phone. 

Thank you. 

• I can't help with this but if I can make a suggestion: if using a Concept2 rower, use the "ErgData" smartphone app as it records precise stroke data from the Performance Monitor. (PM3, PM4, PM5). Sync that with Garmin to get a full data-set, including SPM and distance.

Downside: your training load won't be updated as it bypassed the watch. The way to mitigate this is to ALSO log using the indoor row activity, then DELETE the indoor row activity in Garmin Connect, leaving only the ErgData synced activity. Training load is "sticky."

Another option is the ErgIQ ConnectIQ app, though it shunts a bunch of data away from native datafields to CIQ fields, and I don't think it supports the Concept2 online logbook, which ErgData does. (great for Concept2 challenges)

• Same issue here. And I really don't want to be using yet another app. It worked perfectly and was quick and simple. Please fix it Garmin!

• I also have this problem for the last couple of days, I think since Connect v4.19 came out (31st May). Please fix! There is no option for km, only m, and this only allows up to 1600m. 

• Same problem here.

Garmin, please revert to kilometres.

• Same here: km please!

• Same problem here. 

First Quick Fix, change the correct distance in --> connect.garmin.com

There it is still possible to add KM.

• For my account on connect.garmin.com I can't change the unit, but can enter a higher number in meters.

If removing the "disabled" tag in the HTML the unit selector becomes enabled and works nicely.

No idea why Garmin does not give the freedom to their users to select the unit they want (same issue in the app)

• ... and wondering why no one from Garmin actually is replying on this forum/thread. Would be a good source for them to improve and hear the voice of their customers.

• I have the same problem.

Garmin Team: please reply on this thread.

• I have made the exact same experience. It used to work perfectly fine both on PC online (still works) and in my android app.

Now recently in the app the only available unit is meters (and I don't want to spin the wheel eternally to 5.000m or 10.000m).

Please bring back "km" as chooseable unit, Garmin!