This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner 935 not syncing to app

I just bought a Garmin Forerunner 935 and I have connected it to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) succesfully and everything goes like I expect it to go. Except for the syncing of my activity to the application.

I did a run today and have pressed ''sync now'' a million times now, but the run is still not showing in my application. I can find the run on my watch in the history and I have tried to disconnect bluetooth and unpair and pair my phone to the watch. I have also switched my watch off for a minute and turned it back on. No results...

Any ideas?

• Maybe a silly question but have you got it connected to a Garmin Connect account? Have you looked to see if it has been uploaded to Garmin Connect on the internet?
  • If all of your data except for the activity is syncing, we would recommend syncing through Garmin Express on a PC or Mac. This would help determine if it's a corrupt activity file that's causing this issue. 

• im having the same issue. when i plug my watch into my laptop and sync with garmin express, the activities get updated on garmin connect. but this doesnt solve the problem. i want to be able to quickly sync via bluetooth to analyse my activity

• I'm also having the same issue with my new Garmin 935. The steps and my current heart rate are showing on Garmin connect on the phone, but activity won't upload from my run. The steps have come through fine though. Other times it will keep disconnecting. This is while I'm at my desk and the phone and watch are only 30cm away. I've unpaired, uninstalled Garmin connect, installed again, repaired, still same issue. Quite a pain.

• Hi, my wife has this exact same issue. Forerunner 935 has worked fine for months and then suddenly it won't sync activities via bluetooth to phone. Steps come across ok via buetooth but not her runs. Connect it to laptop to sync and it syncs just fine, with steps and runs etc appearing, but then back to square one with only steps coming across on bluetooth.

• Hello, my 935 just stopped syncing activities via the mobile GC, but I can get files into GC with Express. Daily metrics are coming over via mobile, is there a resolution for this, I don't see that anything was posted Garmin-Blake made their comment.

• Can we get an update on this discussion? It seems like the long term solution should not involve not using one of the device’s designed basic functions of syncing via Bluetooth. 

• Im having the same issues as everyone in this blog.
    Only way to upload my activities is to manually drag them using my computer.
    This issue has been around for almost 2 months now

• Has there been a resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem. I have done everything except a hard reset on my watch. I've removed my device from GC, deleted the app from my phone and added it again, checked for updates on all sides and still the only way to get any sort of activity uploaded is to plug my device into a PC. Any tips would be appreciated.

• Have you tried uploading your workouts using WiFi directly from your Garmin wearable.

Just did that this morning and it worked.

downside is I can upload only from home or from the office. But still better than nothing.