This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner 935 not syncing to app

I just bought a Garmin Forerunner 935 and I have connected it to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) succesfully and everything goes like I expect it to go. Except for the syncing of my activity to the application.

I did a run today and have pressed ''sync now'' a million times now, but the run is still not showing in my application. I can find the run on my watch in the history and I have tried to disconnect bluetooth and unpair and pair my phone to the watch. I have also switched my watch off for a minute and turned it back on. No results...

Any ideas?

• What worked for me is unpairing and re-pairing the bluetooth connection on my phone.

• Me too - this is really frustrating. It started happening after I updated my Garmin software.

• Hi there. I have been experiencing problems today with my Garmin 935 not syncing with my Garmin connect app.  After going for a run in the morning before work, my training data automatically sync to Garmin connect. This morning, it did not happen.  Can anyone help me out after 2 local sport stores and a leading store in Melbourne telling me to send the watch to  Garmin Australia.  My Garmin 935 is connected via Bluetooth on my phone and IPAD.  

• This thread looks to be a couple years old, but today when I was having issues, I turned off my iPhone’s Bluetooth off for 30 seconds, then turned it back on, made sure 935 was connected, and it sync’d. I don’t know if this is a general or permanent resolution, but today it was what worked. 

• I just bought a 935 with this issue. Does it have a solution? 

• Not really it seems. Sometimes it syncs better than other times. Often I have to “restart” the sync by tapping on the circular arrow, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It always eventually downloads. Oh, and one other thing I do that helps. When you are done, hit “done”. When the 935 returns to the time of day, hit up button on left. The watch will say “mobile app connection required”. It might be my imagination, but this seems to speed the sync/download process up. Good luck!

• P.S. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Might be different for non-IOS phones. 

• Man, I'm using android, MI 9, and it just do not pairs neither sync. When I use my wife's iPhone 11, it pairs and sync, but do not sync the activities to the app. When I go to the pc, it does sync. But my watch do not connect to the wifi, it seems to loose the connection right after I put the password and the message of connected appears. I've tried to set a wifi connection using pc, but there seems to occur the same. So, I don't have neither Bluetooth, nor wifi connection. And the watch is new. I just upgraded it to the 21 software version. I just wonder if I'll be able to use it, because I have Linux at home, and do not have a program for this system. I keep using my job's PC. It's awful. 

• I once talked to the Garmin Help Desk on the phone about another device and they were very helpful and solved my issue (pre-Pandemic). Don’t give up until you’ve tried that. The 935 is too expensive to give up on.