This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect + Huawei Honor = Notifications don't work

Hello all

I bought my wife a Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch and ran into a problem.
Vivoactive 3 did not receive notifications from the Honor 9 smartphone.
In Google and on the forums I found only a description of the problem, with no solutions. There were only complaints that smart notifications do not work with Honor 8, Honor 9 and some other models.
Removing and installing Garmin Connect Mobile, resetting the clock to factory settings, changing the settings in the clock, and changing the permissions for the application on the phone did not solve the problem.

I have a Garmin Foreruner 935 TRI watch and a Honor 10 mobile phone. Smart notifications work without problems from any applications and incoming calls.
I connected my wife's watch (Vivoactive 3) to my mobile and the notifications immediately started working. So I made sure that it was not the watch, but the wife’s smartphone or some settings.

I began to compare ALL the settings on both phones and was able to find the setting that is responsible for receiving smart notifications.

In order to allow smart notifications, go to the settings section:
Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> Apps -> Settings -> Special Access -> Notifications Access
Enable notifications for Connect (Smart Notifications)

Done, smart notifications work!!!
  • Just use the search functionality and use one of the 68 results to solve this known issue.
    Or try to use the Garmin FAQ, which also got a tutorial how to make that work.
  • Just use the search functionality and use one of the 68 results to solve this known issue.
    Or try to use the Garmin FAQ, which also got a tutorial how to make that work.

Please provide direct link for step-by-step instruction (exclude my posts).

I tried to search... But there is not documented solutions for my case.

Hope it will help other users.
  • There are several Step by Step solutions, like
    mine
    here
    or here
    The FAQ got a great tutorial, but it seems they changed it.

What you have done was unnecessary. Turn of the battery saving for Connect and lock the app in the taskmanager, that´s it.
  • There are several Step by Step solutions, like
    mine
    here
    or here
    The FAQ got a great tutorial, but it seems they changed it.

What you have done was unnecessary. Turn of the battery saving for Connect and lock the app in the taskmanager, that´s it.

I wrote that I tried to change the settings, but it did not help in my case. My problem was solved in the way I described above.
    I wrote above that after installing Garmin Connect, I found a difference in the settings for Honor 10 and Honor 9.
    Apparently, the installer cannot independently perform this setting.

Power saving and lock settings, this is not my case.
    My problem is solved by allowing Notifications in Special Access.
  • Ramasik, You have helped me a lot here... I was searching for this solution for the whole 3 days and finally have found, thanks a lot!
    It seems to be common issue with huawei/honor and these setting are really difficult to find!
  • My problem is solved by allowing Notifications in Special Access.

It was a bit hard to spot that this is the real solution so I wanted to highlight it here, thank you Ramasik
  • Go to Applicatin/Special Access and if notifications are ON, turn them off and than ON again.

Solved my prolem with Android 10.