This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User Weight not updating

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue or knows of a resolution...

This started occurring out of the blue 2 weeks ago, I record my weight on the garmin index smart scales and it updates the main views and weight log in garmin connect. However when I sync my fenix this overwrites the weight recorded by the index smart scales with a stativ value that is stored in the garmin user settings weight field in garmin connect.

it appears to me that although the index smart scales updates garmin connect it has stopped recording weight in the weight field in the user settings. This field seems to be where the fenix derives it's weight value. The fenix then syncs this value back to garmin connect and overwrites the weight recorded by the index scales. The end result is that every day the index smart scales data is wiped from garmin connect

• I have the exact same problem.
    I called Garmin support in Denmark yesterday. the support guy had never heard about this problem before.
    i tried removing both the index scale and my other Garmin devices, but the weight value in user settings is still resetting to the same value if i try to change it.
    this happens both on the android app and the website
  • Just wondering whast fitness tracker you are using. I've the fenix chronos. The issue seemed to materialise for me after the last update to this device
  • I use a fenix 5X, a fenix 3 and an edge 1000
    i think its a problem with Garmin Connect, and not with any of the trackers.
    i tried removing all of them and the weight stat in user settings still could not be changed
  • There is a thread under the smart index scales section on this forum. Defo a connect issue. I think the watch syncing is just what makes garmin connect refresh itself and c
  • .. causes the issue to recur
  • I think it is connect related also, because every other day or so, it changes my weight to 225#. It is not 225, so this is an annoyance.
  • So I did a little testing today. The below steps are in sequence

On fenix chronos:
    I turned off Bluetooth on my fenix chronos:
    I went to settings/ user profile and changed my weight manually from 89kg (the recurring incorrect value that continually updates to and overwrites my index scales data)to 80kg

Then on GCM android
    I went to user settings and changed the weight value from 89kg to 80 kg.
    I exited the screen and went back into it 10s later and the value had reverted to 89kg. (This is where I think the bug is)

Then i stood on my index scales and recorded my weight at 80.3kg. This updated to gcm along with all the other body mass index/ body fat metrics.

I then waited 1 hour after which

On GCM my user settings/ weight value was still 89kg however the weight of 80.3kg and all other metrics still appeared on the health stats/ weight widgit.

I checked my still disconnected fenix chronos and the user settings/ weight field still displayed 80kg.

I then turned on Bluetooth on my fenix chronos and synced to my phone. Instantly:
    the index scales recorded daily weight of 80.3kg was overwritten with 89kg on gcm. The weight value on fenix chronos user settings weight of 80kg was overwritten with 89kg.

In my opinion the watch syncing is what causes the bug to occur but it appears that it is gcm that is the source of the incorrect value that is overwriting everything.

• I've had the exact same findings. with the latest F5X firmware the watch syncs the user settings to and from GC using the "frozen" weight value, mine is 90,9kg. it will overwrite the health stats weight with every sync.
    the problem is with Garmin Connect, not with the website or mobile app alone