This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I upload an activity from Strava to Garmin Connect....

I forgot to turn my Fenix 5 on for a race. It's recorded on Strava but I'd like to have it on my Garmin stats also.....
  • you can do it manually by export from Strava website and import the file on connect.garmin.com/modern.
  • I use Tapiriik to sync between various platforms.
    For me now between Strava, Endomondo and Garmin Connect.
    Works like a dream.
  • Hack. For iPhone. Download original file from strava activity to clouddrive, like Dropbox, change filetype to .gpx and import to garmin connect. Voila.

That if you want more info from file, like power, cadence etc

• NiclasBendrik, Voila, heck no. Your response is clear as mud.  
    Where on the iPhone app, EXACTLY WHERE, is a place to "download original file from Strava Activity"? On my iPhone, in a Strava app --> Activities --> todays_bike_ride page, I see 1) an icon for thumbs up/ kudos 2) an icon for comments and 3) a share icon for (a whole bunch of other things, none of which look like "Clouddrive" or "Dropbox").  Can you explain?  

• zipzit (Nice handle form another "zip") if you hit the share option, below the App Icons you should have "Copy", "Save Image", and "Save to Files" options, you can save to various connected cloud formats using the "Save to Files" link.

If you do not have these below the App Icons, you may have to use the "More" Icon (usually located to the far left when scrolling the App Icons). Select "More" then in the popup menu you should have a "Save File" option (it may again be located under the "More" link in the top right corner if it's not in the pop-up page).

I went deep into detail, so apologies if I over explained. This is just how to export files, not sure about the rest of the suggestion, trying next.

• Ever figure out how to upload?  I’m trying to get my Peloton rides (.tpx) into GarminConnect, so it tracks my indoor & outdoor in one place.  

• Did you work this out? On the Strava site (not the app) there is an option to export as gpx, in the 3 dot options next to the edit pen...then import into Garmin Connect via Upload or Import activity on top right...I'm sure you got there but just in case :)

• pretty similar to what people have said elsewhere:

1. login to strava online 

2. click into the activity to see all the data and make sure your activity privacy is public (followers or everyone)

3. along the side it should have a pen and then three dots/kebab

4. click on the dots and select ‘export GPX’ and it will pop up as downloaded on your browser. leave in your downloads for the moment

5. log on to Garmin connect (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/)

6. along the top right there’s an ‘upload or import activity’ button

7. press that and then grab the file from your downloads and drop it into the upload box on Garmin

8. activity will appear on your app and you can rename the activity and type of activity (if necessary). 

• the garmin api has changed. tapiriik is not able to import to garmin. 
    is there another automatic way to get data to garmin?

many thanks in advanced