This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot turn off weather forecast

For some bizarre reason the weather forecasts have started appearing on my E1000 & I can't turn them off!

They are disabled in GCM Android & always have been. I've tried toggling the setting on then off syncing each time but they still come back as soon as a bluetooth connection is established. It's god dam frustrating

Does anyone have a theory or suggestion on how I can remove this annoying battery drain?
  • So he's the deal; today I installed an APK of V3.22.2 of the GCM Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S6, which was the last version before GCM switched over to the new 'My Day' interface.
    I connected my E1000, sync'd & guess what NO weather.
    I then reinstalled the latest version (4.1.8) & yup the weather was there again.

I guess that pretty much nails GCM as the culprit here.
  • Well after 6-months of testing, installs, uninstalls, performing resets, providing log files and even nailing the problem to GCM.....Today I received the can't be arsed fixing response..... Speechless:mad:

"Dear ########

I am contacting you regarding the case 1881 (concerning weather alerts on Edge 1000).
    We have received further feedback from the Engineering team. They would like you to try power cycling the device after toggling off weather. Unfortunately, if this does not resolve the issue unfortunately this investigation will not be moving forward due to low amount of reports of this particular issue.

Apologies for any inconveniences.

Kind regards,

#########

Garmin Europe
  • there’s plenty of people with this issue. Weather alerts keeps turning back off on my garmin 820.  I have seem multiple threads where users are unhappy with getting way too. Any weather advisories. It’s like they don’t monitor their own forums!

• I also cannot turn off my weather alerts. Drives me crazy. And the online documents are wrong as there is no weather app toggle on The connect app to turn off

• Do you want to turn off weather alerts on the phone, or on your Garmin device?

If you mean notifications on the phone, then when it arrives, swipe down the status bar, then swipe the notification to the side, and tap the cogwheel to adjust the concerned notification settings or to stop it.

If you mean notifications on the Garmin device, then in Garmin Connect go to Menu » Setting » Notifications » App Notifications, and disable notification from any apps you do not wish to receive on the device (incl. the weather app).

Or did you mean the Storm alerts? If so, then when on the barometer screen of your watch, press the Menu button, enter the Barometer settings, search the Storm Alert option, and disable it.