This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Default Music App

I selected "Spotify" as the default music app. Doesn't seem to make a difference. The phone always wants "Google Play Music".

Also with the Fenix 5 music widget, my phone constantly complains in a notification: "Google Play Music: Requested stream could not be played".
  • Removed the music widget on the watch to get rid off the annoying notification on the phone.
  • It seem to me that you should not have had to do that. I personally use the music widget on my VA a lot ands would hate to give it up. However, I didn't select Spotify. I wonder what would happen with notifications if you actually choose Google Play Music or another installed app.
  • I wonder what would happen with notifications if you actually choose Google Play Music or another installed app.

I've been using Pandora as the default music player in Garmin Connect Mobile app on Android for over six months, and I've never seen the Google Play Music notification as described.