This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Smart notifications issue

Hi!, Since last update when marking default smart notifications like calls and sms and then going back to main menú, if i go back to notifications menú those appear unchecked and tested not working, anyone else with this problem?
This happens only with default ones, the ones that i install like Whatsapp or Gmail works like a charm...
  • I'm having the exact same issue with the Forerunner 235, which was working before the update. No amount of removing/repairing/reinstalling would fix it.

I rolled back to the previous version and that seems to fix it for now.

You can find the previous version here:

https://apkpure.com/garmin-connect%E2%84%A2-mobile/com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile

Scroll down and download 3.12.0.1.
  • I have the same issue with 3.12.0.1 and 3.13.0.1. Can't enable predefined notifications. Custom apps work fine but not calls ...

Vivoactive HR & Xiaomi Note 3
  • I had the same issue... Now all notifications are working ok (Huawei P9 + Garmin Connect 3.13.0.1).

- I uninstalled the Garmin Connect app.
    - Emptied the phone cache and cleaned the memory with the phone own memory cleaner that can be found from the file explorer app.
    - Rebooted the phone.
    - Reinstalled the Garmin Connect app from play store.

Login and notifications seem to work correctly...
  • I had the same issue... Now all notifications are working ok (Huawei P9 + Garmin Connect 3.13.0.1).

- I uninstalled the Garmin Connect app.
    - Emptied the phone cache and cleaned the memory with the phone own memory cleaner that can be found from the file explorer app.
    - Rebooted the phone.
    - Reinstalled the Garmin Connect app from play store.

Login and notifications seem to work correctly...

Tried all of the above, but I don't have a similar device, so I don't have access to the same tools. I have an LG G4 which provides no memory cleaner. I poked around in the file system to see if the previous Garmin Mobile install had left behind any files, and I didn't see any. I tried clearing the phone's cache through settings --> storage --> cached data --> Clear, and rebooted, but I guess that wasn't enough. If I text my number, and clear it as read on my phone, I'm still left with a message on my device that I cannot clear.

Anyone else have any luck with this? Maybe there's a step I'm missing.
  • Hey all,
    So I emailed product support: "There is an open case here regarding this issue and our engineers are investigating the issue." They said they would notify me when they have a fix, so, fingers crossed!
  • Me too

I also have the same issue, not being able to enable notifications. Garmin Connect Mobile App, v3.13.0.1.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Same issue for One plus 3 and Fenix 3.
  • Same on 4.3 stock rom

Same here ! I just turned back to Connect 3.11 a November release.
  • I had the same problem with my VSHR+

At some point last week I could not clear text messages on the VSHR+ as the option to clear txt messages disappeared. Even opening them on the phone did nothing.

This is only for txt messages as whatsapp notification can clear on the VSHR+ and they automatically clear after I view them on my phone.

The only way to clear the txt message is to uncheck txt message on the smart notifications screen of Garmin Connect.
  • Same issue here, Forerunner 735XT, using an LG V20 on Verizon. All other notifications work other than for text messages.