This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Calendar Widget on Phone and Multiple Google Calendars

Have been searching the forums for awhile this afternoon and haven't found an answer here or in the owner's manual.

I just got my FR230 yesterday and love it so far. However, I've noticed that in my particular case the calendar widget on the watch is largely useless. It syncs with Google Calendars on my watch and thus far that sync has worked fine ... in fact too fine. I have 5+ calendars on my Google Account some of which have all-day events on them almost every day. The sync pulls every event from all of my 5+ calendars to display on my calendar widget on my watch. The all-day events show up first and this means they are the only events that display all the day long. This of course isn't helpful. I realize I can hit the run button and dig deeper into the day's events and see them all with some scrolling but that is more button pushes than should be necessary.

Two things/questions.
1. It would be helpful if the calendar widget on the watch only displayed non-all-day events, or at least have that be an option. Would anyone agree?

2. More of a question: Is there a setting somewhere, presumably on the phone side of things, that would allow me to only sync 1 of my Google Calendars and not all of them by default. If not, this would certainly appear to be a big feature request. Anyone have more insight to shed on this?

Thanks for any help.
  • I think the Garmin Connect mobile app really needs the ability to select which calendars are synced to the watch. I too have multiple Google calendars, one being my wife's shared calendar. I only want to see my own calendar on the watch. On Android, it seems the watch displays whatever calendars are selected to be displayed in the Calendar app. So I could turn my wife's calendar off on the phone to avoid it being synced to the watch, but I would rather be able to see it on the phone, but not on the watch. That would require the Garmin Connect app be able to choose which calendars are synced.

I got the same problem, I have many business calendar, which I like to view it in my mobile, but not the watch.
  • I think the Garmin Connect mobile app really needs the ability to select which calendars are synced to the watch. I too have multiple Google calendars, one being my wife's shared calendar. I only want to see my own calendar on the watch. On Android, it seems the watch displays whatever calendars are selected to be displayed in the Calendar app. So I could turn my wife's calendar off on the phone to avoid it being synced to the watch, but I would rather be able to see it on the phone, but not on the watch. That would require the Garmin Connect app be able to choose which calendars are synced.

The solution I have implemented is to use the Outlook email and calendar app instead of the stock android apps (there is an iPhone version that works the same). It gives you full control of which calendar(s) to view, ability to setup unlimited accounts, and how it presents notifications. You setup GCM to show Outlook notifications, then control which calendars and which email accounts and priorities trigger notifications within Outlook itself.
  • Maybe I miss something, with outlook you can't display calendars in the widget only calendar notifications. You still need Gmail calendar.