This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Calendar Widget on Phone and Multiple Google Calendars

Have been searching the forums for awhile this afternoon and haven't found an answer here or in the owner's manual.

I just got my FR230 yesterday and love it so far. However, I've noticed that in my particular case the calendar widget on the watch is largely useless. It syncs with Google Calendars on my watch and thus far that sync has worked fine ... in fact too fine. I have 5+ calendars on my Google Account some of which have all-day events on them almost every day. The sync pulls every event from all of my 5+ calendars to display on my calendar widget on my watch. The all-day events show up first and this means they are the only events that display all the day long. This of course isn't helpful. I realize I can hit the run button and dig deeper into the day's events and see them all with some scrolling but that is more button pushes than should be necessary.

Two things/questions.
1. It would be helpful if the calendar widget on the watch only displayed non-all-day events, or at least have that be an option. Would anyone agree?

2. More of a question: Is there a setting somewhere, presumably on the phone side of things, that would allow me to only sync 1 of my Google Calendars and not all of them by default. If not, this would certainly appear to be a big feature request. Anyone have more insight to shed on this?

Thanks for any help.
  • Found some answers

I found some answers on my own. I figured out that the calendar entries being shown on the calendar widget on the watch are taken from the stock calendar app on the Android phone. This is at least the case on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I found that if I turned off the Google calendars which I did not desire to be synced in the stock calendar app they also stopped appearing on the widget on the watch.

This largely solves what was bothering me on the watch side. Now by controlling which Google calendars show up on the watch I can control what events I see and can avoid the All-Day events sitting there all the day long blocking my view of other more important events.

Hope this helps anyone else. If anyone else has more wisdom to shed on these calendar questions please share. I would still love to see Garmin allow us some more flexibility on this with a feature update.
  • I am havin the opposite problem, mine only seems to sync with one calendar and its the wrong one. Any idea how to change that? I have a note 4 edge and I tried turning on and of the different calendars but no luck.
  • FB235 doesnt show any calendar

My FB235 doesnt show any google calendar
    it says "waiting for data", how do i get my google calendar visable on my FB235?
    the watch does show the calendar reminder as a notification, but the widget does nothing
  • it says "waiting for data"
    Is the Garmin Connect Mobile app running on your mobile device, and is your Forerunner‑235 connected to the app when this happens?
  • My FB235 doesnt show any google calendar
    it says "waiting for data", how do i get my google calendar visable on my FB235?
    the watch does show the calendar reminder as a notification, but the widget does nothing

I have the same problem, did you ever get it figured out?
  • I have the same problem on a Vivoactive watch that I just received today. I have updated to the latest firmware (3.5.0) and the latest Garmin Connect.

I get notification when a calendar event occurs but on the Calendar widget it says "wait for data". I have tried reboot both the phone and the watch, no luck.

I am on Android Marshmallow.

Any help is appreciated.
  • I think the Garmin Connect mobile app really needs the ability to select which calendars are synced to the watch. I too have multiple Google calendars, one being my wife's shared calendar. I only want to see my own calendar on the watch. On Android, it seems the watch displays whatever calendars are selected to be displayed in the Calendar app. So I could turn my wife's calendar off on the phone to avoid it being synced to the watch, but I would rather be able to see it on the phone, but not on the watch. That would require the Garmin Connect app be able to choose which calendars are synced.
  • Yes, let us select what calendars to show on watch!

I think the Garmin Connect mobile app really needs the ability to select which calendars are synced to the watch. I too have multiple Google calendars, one being my wife's shared calendar. I only want to see my own calendar on the watch. On Android, it seems the watch displays whatever calendars are selected to be displayed in the Calendar app. So I could turn my wife's calendar off on the phone to avoid it being synced to the watch, but I would rather be able to see it on the phone, but not on the watch. That would require the Garmin Connect app be able to choose which calendars are synced.

I second this suggestion!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    I think the Garmin Connect mobile app really needs the ability to select which calendars are synced to the watch. I too have multiple Google calendars, one being my wife's shared calendar. I only want to see my own calendar on the watch. On Android, it seems the watch displays whatever calendars are selected to be displayed in the Calendar app. So I could turn my wife's calendar off on the phone to avoid it being synced to the watch, but I would rather be able to see it on the phone, but not on the watch. That would require the Garmin Connect app be able to choose which calendars are synced.

+1 bumping this. Driving me crazy that I have a smartwatch with a useless calendar widget because MY ENTIRE OFFICE'S shared calendars appear there.
  • I'm also trying to figure out how to not have duplicate events showing. I'm using iOS 11.2. I tried putting only one of my google calendars to sync with the iphone calendar, doesn't seem to matter. I have 2 google calendars that I sync together, one for business, one for personal.