This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Explorer+|Android12|Earthmate|NOAA charts

hello... i use my explorer+ earthmate app exclusively for fishing. i stick around our island mostly, i dont venture up or down the chain. now my concern...

up until 6months ago, you could load NOAA maps into earthmate. depending on whichever body of water you chose, they would autodownload into a (SD) folder and appear almost immediately using bluetooth. the path of those folders were; 

/storage/75FD-64AD/Android/data/com.delorme.earthmate/files/maps/ 

6moths ago, garmin choose to not provide those maps any longer. they sent an email saying that in the near future, i could go with their "navionics boating" app which would do the same thing. problem is that the boating app does not recognize the explorer+.

does anyone remember which folder those NOAA files are copied into?

does anyone know which program can view those particular image files? (aside from earthmate itself)

does anyone know someone who might know? (this last one pretty much covers it)

in this age of getting the best bang for your buck, i guess the airlines aren't the only companies out there!

thank you for your time bob

• *update* 202307271208

so i had one problem solved for me but now i have another.
    the NOAA files reside in a folder called QUAD. it resides in the parent folder maps. so ive copied my relevant NOAA files (for my fishing area) into QUAD and copied that into /maps.

/storage/75FD-64AD/Android/data/com.delorme.earthmate/files/maps/QUAD

...along with BASE15, DAE16, OSM16 and TP15 for a total of 5 subfolders within /maps. my new problem is that EarthMate doesn't see that QUAD is there. i didn't have QUAD installed when Garmin cut the NOAA cord (another story). somehow EarthMate writes to a certain file (or script) that makes QUAD magically appear.

does anyone know how this is done?
    does anyone know someone who knows how this is done? Rolling eyes

thanks again for any thoughts you might have!

bob