This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

inReach mini sending duplicate messages

Tested my new inReach mini this weekend using the Earthmate App. Duplicate messages (x3) were sent for every one message sent via Earthmate. I have the Freedom Recreation Plan and have now used half of my message allotment for one hike. This only happened using Earthmate and not from the inReach mini directly.

Is there a way to prevent this? 

• Hello  You could try to uninstall and reinstall the app to make sure its working correctly and updated. The other thing you will want to keep in mind is that if you close out of earthmate pretty quickly after sending a message it may send duplicate messages because it will try to keep sending it the next time its opened. It is always best to leave the app open for a bit after sending a message. 

• I have had this issue for a very long time and garmin blames me,  I leave the app and device on for literally days, but still once I shut it off and restart it it will send duplicates as soon as I try to send a message. Once any message I send is received I should not be charged for it again regardless of what the app does.