This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Earthmate for Android

I can log in to the Garmin website and forums, but when I try to log in from within Earthmate I get an Authentication error invalid password. Using Android 9 on Samsung Galaxy S9+.

Tried uninstalling/ reinstalling as well as new password on the website- still get the error in the app Disappointed

Anyone come across this before?

Cheers,

Rob

• I'm having the same behavior, also on an Android.   I created my account on the Garmin site today and was able to log into the website successfully, however when I try to log into the app I keep getting "Authentication Error; Incorrect username [OK]".  This is despite using the same information on both website and app.

I've also reset my password on the website and verified the change by logging into it from different browsers with no issue when using the new credentials.

Does anyone know if there is an expected delay from when an account is created on the site to when it is reachable by the app?

Thanks!

• There shouldn't be more than a minor delay (perhaps a few minutes if any at all) from when an account is created to when you can sign into the app. If you're still getting the "Authentication Error - Incorrect Username" when attempting to sign into the Earthmate App on Android, please contact Product Support so we can work with you directly to resolve this. 

• Thank you for the reply.  I was ultimately able to log into app without issues shortly after midnight, the night of the day I created the account.  It seems like there is a batch job that synchronizes the different databases at midnight PST.

In any case, I was able to successfully log in.  Thank you for the reply!