This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Possible to sync 'Aerial' satellite map?

Is it possible to sync the Aerial satellite view map from the inReach.garmin web interface to the Earthmate app?
  • Hello Pipster,

Aerial satellite imagery can't really be selected from the web interface and then synced to Earthmate, but it is available for download through the app itself. The process would be the same as that followed for downloading any maps within the app. Steps for Android and iOS can be found here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?productID=577212&topicTag=region_maps
  • Hello Pipster,

Aerial satellite imagery can't really be selected from the web interface and then synced to Earthmate, but it is available for download through the app itself. The process would be the same as that followed for downloading any maps within the app. Steps for Android and iOS can be found here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?pr...ag=region_maps

Thank you for the response. I actually tried that but the only maps that show up as downloadable selections are:

TOPO North America
    Open Street Map
    Digital Atlas of the Earth

There are literally no other options for me to download from the Earthmate app?

I have an Explorer and a Recreation level subscription plan.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and just needed to select a region. Thanks again.
  • Actually I cannot get it to work no matter what I zoom. If I zoom way out, I get Color Aerial Maps as an option but it says too many files zoom in. I click the zoom in button and then Color Aerial Maps goes away as a selection. Any thoughts?
  • What area specifically are you attempting to download aerial imagery for? After looking into this it appears the aerial mapping is only available for the US.
  • What area specifically are you attempting to download aerial imagery for? After looking into this it appears the aerial mapping is only available for the US.

Its for Alberta, Canada. Only available for the USA? That kinda sucks. Is there any chance this can be changed or updated? I don't mind reading standard TOPO maps but in an emergency, aerial mapping is far superior.
  • It's possible that this may be added at a later date but right now I don't have any information to indicate when or if that will happen.

Any update on being able to download aerial maps for any country other than the good ol USA?
  • At this time, no other regions have been added.
  • Yes, I know.  That's obvious because I cannot download the maps.  Are there any updates or timelines for when addtional aerial maps will be available to customers outside of the USA?

• Is Canada important yet?  Just wondering if Sat imaging is on the drawing board for anywhere other than the USA?  There is a big world out there...