This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Availibility of Alaska USGS 15 Min (1:63K) Quad Sheets?

I'm using the most current version (Build 2.8.108024) of the Earthmate App with a current Hunt subscription on Android and have not been able to download or use Alaska USGS 15 Min (1:63,360 scale) Quad Sheets (for example Seward C-8). I can use the 7.5 Min (1:24,000 scale) Quad Sheets (for example Anchorage C-6 NW), but they are only available for limited parts of Alaska near population areas. The vast majority of Alaska is only available in the 15 min quads and they never show up in the Available Maps search in Earthmate. Is there anyway to be able to uses these maps in the Earthmate App?
  • I'm using the most current version (Build 2.8.108024) of the Earthmate App with a current Hunt subscription on Android and have not been able to download or use Alaska USGS 15 Min (1:63,360 scale) Quad Sheets (for example Seward C-8). I can use the 7.5 Min (1:24,000 scale) Quad Sheets (for example Anchorage C-6 NW), but they are only available for limited parts of Alaska near population areas. The vast majority of Alaska is only available in the 15 min quads and they never show up in the Available Maps search in Earthmate. Is there anyway to be able to uses these maps in the Earthmate App?

Bump!

I also tried Earthmate on an iOS device and the same deficiency is also present. Also not corrected with updated Android Version 2.9. This means that 99% of Alaska USGS Quads are not available for use in Earthmate! Anybody else using Earthmate with Alaska maps?
  • I'm not aware of any way to use custom (non-Garmin) imagery in the Earthmate apps. I'm not even sure what format those maps are in. I know that the maps for the inReach devices themselves are still in a DeLorme format - so you can't use standard Garmin maps on the inReach device. Not sure about the mobile apps.

If the 15-minute quads aren't available now, it's unlikely that they will become available in the future. You might want to call tech support to raise the issue with them. I doubt that anybody from Garmin reads these forums on a consistent basis. It's all public-domain data. So it's a matter of whether or not Garmin wants to expend the effort/resources to put them in the proper format.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Perhaps using this might find out the format. I'm not at home to try this where my device is.
    http://mark0.net/soft-tridnet-e.html
  • I'm happy to report back that the issue of missing 1:63k Alaska USGS topo maps has been fixed with recent update to v2.10 Update #1 Build 126834. The new map download UI and functionality is a big improvement.

Thanks Garmin for keeping Earthmate alive!