This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate, speed and distance average over a selected interval on Garmin Connect

I would like to get the stats of a selected interval on Garmin Connect, in particular the average heat rate, distance and speed. This is something Polar had 25 years ago; so quite bothered it's not provided by Garmin. It's something very helpful and I believe trivial to implement. One example would be if I want to compare several intervals of a bike climb that may not precisely fit the automatic intervals or the one(s) I set during a ride. As you can guess, this is not something I necessarily think (or want to think) about when I ride; rather something I like doing once I review my training results on the computer.

• This is not something that could be done with a CIQ app, but you can achieve it relatively easily in Garmin Connect Web. Use the Trim function on the concerned activity. Once you trim it to the desired interval or section (you can do it both by time, ad by distance), just click on the free space, and the average values will refresh with values calculated for the selected section. You can repeat it as many times as you want, and you do not need to save the trimmed section. And even if you saved the trimmed version by mistake, you can always revert back to the original, so you do not need to fear using it.