update needed, but device is up to date

I just bought the fenix 7s. I tried to download some music apps. But when i do, they tell me I need to u[date my device.

However when I go to garmin connect on phone, or garmin express on PC, it tells me device is up to date, yet I get the same error regardless the app i try to download.

I've seen some posts on similar topics, but they were very old, or were about outdated devices.

• Purchased an Epix 2 - exact problem. No apparent fix!!! 
    Double-click
    Select to translate

• Not sure if it’s a coincidence but I turned off automatic updates in the connect iq app and closed and then reopened the app and it allowed me to download.

• For everyone with this issue: when you update from the app it just downloads the update files but doesn’t install. On the watch go to settings and under updates you will find the downloaded update ready to be installed. Install it there and you should be done.

• This advice is correct and spot on. After wasting four hours of time, going over and over the steps that were available online, via manuals etc. - to install - I accidentally stumbled upon this very fix. "On the watch go to settings and under updates is where a downloaded update sits'.